No interest in bikes or parts from last 20 years

The sticker thing is so true! I've got some Shimano wheels on my road bike and they had about 6 stickers on each side. Rip rip rip . . . . Ah much better :D

It's the look of modern bikes that I don't like in most cases. Black!!! Why? It makes components look so heavy and bulky. Rims, hubs, stems, bars gears, seat pins. black is for tyres and brake blocks. threadless headsets, Hmm. the lack of height adjustment annoys me. It's either a stcak of black (aghhh) spacer below the stem or above which looks even worse. And I am not cutting a fork too much as I continually change things. At least quills were easier to move.I do wonder if threadless is partially a marketing thing. I mean do most of us notice the difference. The damn steam are so thick as well. thin is good. I like Ergo though but wish some one would come up with hydraulic discs that work with them for my cross bike.

I have had also odd feeling in bike shops, all those heavily branded new bikes makes me thinking what an earth I'm doing here. Better to go swap markets...

i believe in fixies":cwue15dc said:
tintin40":cwue15dc said:
No way should a racing bike have 3 chain rings. (touring may be) Or a long cage rear mech :x

Unless it's being ridden by a nancy

Hello sweetie, who're you calling a nancy?;)

I thought it was a town in France?

I rarely use it - but I'm glad I've got it. It's bailed me out a couple of times at least!

Back