MKM Ultimate

JMOSER

Old School Hero
MKM Ultimate TT bike. Bought in in the local newspaper classifieds for £20, with Campag Rec SL pedals, Super Record headset, Rec LF hubs on Sheeren rims.SR Royal cranks with Campag 52T ring.Record B/B.It had been used for fixed at the end of it's racing days. Been refinished at Atlantic Boulevard. Had to buy Super Record rear mech, 3TTT record stem, Binda Straps and some Barum tubs.Just need some 3TTT bars to suit.
Remember going to MKM workshop as a kid on way to Harrogate show,in a converted chapel if I remember correctly. Also recall some of the top local testers on the Brock course using Ultimates, ahhh those were the days!!!!

Any body got some nice bars please let me know.

Attachments

• MKM.JPG
    MKM.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,613
  • MKM 1.JPG
    MKM 1.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,613
  • MKM 2.JPG
    MKM 2.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,613
This frame looks very interesting. I like it a lot. How does it behave on regular road rides?

MKM

Hello,

i've never actually riden the bike,as it's unfinished and slightly too small.
There is lots of overlap on the front wheel/pedal, just made for flat,straight time trails I guess.

Allez allez

£20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You jammy dodger!

Mine cost me a LOT more than that. The rear 'dropouts' look a lot shorter than mine and the fork rake is different, more 'gradual' than mine.

They're OK as you say on a straight TT, (preferably dual carriageway!). I rode mine around one of the Cheshire 25 courses last year and found it a bit unforgiving - but that was probably me showing my age!

Get out there and use it in the Planet X 'Old Skool' events!

By the way, what is the frame number? This would date it pretty accurately.

MKM

I'll have a look for frame no. tomorrow.
It was an expensive £20 if that makes sense, Seat pin was seized etc had to have a bit of brazing and enamel,not cheap.
Speak soon

Back