Reckon the warrenty is still valid ?

jonboy

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I think they've finally had it!
main.php
main.php

I never really got on with them. They weren't built very well to start with (that's STIF for you) and the bearings in the rear collapsed every couple of months.

Looked good, weighed nothing, fell apart all the the time ! Thank god for Shimano.

Nukeproof suck!

Hey Jon, i picked up a 2nd hand YETI FRO few years back seller included a pair of NUKE PROOF wheels with it ... i was well chuffed till i investigated the rear hub...the flange had hairline cracks allover the alloy..still got it somewhere...best place is the bin!! :LOL:

I sold a pair of wheels to someone on here a couple of years ago (Scant? Jez?) - Nuke Proof hubs laced with Ti-Dye titanium spokes to Campagnolo Atek rims.

They have the honour of being the lightest set of wheels I've ever owned, and the most fun - it was almost like someone had laced a set of wheels up with elastic bands. They flexed, but they just flew along the trail at an amazing pace. For that reason alone I still regret selling them, but they're definitely not 'everyday' wheels - fit them with Conti latex tubes and some 1.5 Cross Countries and run them as a set of race wheels....

Simon":rkzgr5sf said:
I sold a pair of wheels to someone on here a couple of years ago (Scant? Jez?) - Nuke Proof hubs laced with Ti-Dye titanium spokes to Campagnolo Atek rims.

not me, I had some of them when new & they were sh,te! STX was substantially better ;)

Still have the front one running fine.
Later (fat) version of this hub is great. Still have no trouble with it.

Back