The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lewis1641":22rx4pke said:
i now wait to get blown out of the water with cries of "that's a rediculous price"

Nah, not a bad valuation although I'd disagree about 'ex pros bikes cost £500'. It's like saying cheese costs a pound, i.e. without context is meaningless.

bm10, please don't start another new thread on this bike, interesting as it it. Please also read the guidance here on valuations > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88061

It is really impossible to value items like this, there is no Parkers guide for bikes. The last supposed JMC bike supposedly sold for strong (ie 1K plus) although there is no evidence it sold or ever belonged to JMC - that is the pull of the name.

Clearly you want maximum return on the frame, which is fair enough. My suggestion would be to list it on ebay. Ensure your listing is clear, includes good photos and mentions JMC. If you can actually prove the link to McRoy even better. Run the auction and that will give market value for the bike. Also ensure you list it in our ebay watch section > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=4 for maximum exposure.

Marin Pine Mountain 1995

Hello,
I have a Marin Pine Mountain 1995 19" frame(the grey one with the purple bits) which I have had from new. It has the white industries front hub, LX to rear, white industries chain ring etc. Frame has not been damaged in anyway but has some surface rust because I live by the sea. The bike is in good working order and I havent got a clue how much it is worth as a whole. The bike is not 100% original I have changed the original sram grip shift, brakes ("upgraded to v's) and saddle. everything else is there....
I still have the original books (sad I know)
Any ideas on its worth?
Cheers
Johnso
I also have a saracen sahara 15" circa 1992 in almost totally original spec (saddle changed) with original SLX shifters brakes etc in better condition if any have any ideas.

Ok, I've managed to get some photos done today as the weather is better, so ....

SWorks Steel, 1994, LX shifters/brakes rear mech and hubs, original Z21 rims but stickers faded, I put a shorter higher rise stem on it but I have the original Ti stem, bit of chainsuck on the chainstay see pic. It's got the odd chip in the paint.

Nice light bike - these forks are something silly like 750g! Looking at it while taking the photos I was in 2 minds to keep it, but I just don't use it anymore, so I'd prefer to sell all this stuff to people here where I hope it'll go to good homes, so I'd appreciate honest values please?

SWorkssteel01.jpg

SWorkssteel02.jpg

SWorkssteel03.jpg

SWorkssteel04.jpg

SWorkssteel05.jpg

SWorkssteel06.jpg

And the SWorks FSR, some cable rub and a few of the stickers are worn, will include the seatpost, saddle, BB, and I have the original Alp4R, a spare shock I was going to try and use for parts to service the Alp4R, and on the frame is an Alp5R, this will come with a complete set of new bushes.

And one set of the Tri-Aligns can be seen on the rear pivots.

FSR01.jpg

FSR02.jpg

FSR03.jpg

FSR04.jpg

FSR05.jpg

:)

What do you folks think XT M 095 Rapdifires are worth? NOS, Boxed, 7 speed pre those little indicator windows.

Got the chance to grab several sets for £30 a pop

More .... I'm just finding so many bits and pieces

Any interest in these parts, again rough idea of values please?

Found these M900 XTR cranks, not in great condition but could probably be restored/polished by someone interested? I have the rest of the chainring bolts too.

XTRCranks01.jpg

XTRCranks02.jpg

Onza L-Bend bar ends

OnzaLBendBarEnds.jpg

These are the Avid Ultimate brake levers, ano red levers, lovely CNC'd work of art

AvidUltimateLevers.jpg

:)

SRAM 10th Anniversary 9.0SL ESP shifting set (NOS)

I have a set of these (rear derailleur and gripshifters) that came with my recently acquired Ibis Bow-ti... they're brand new (have been sitting in an attic for 11 years!), have been fitted to the bike but have done pretty much 0 miles and I've now removed them and put back in their box... as far as I know (according to a letter from SRAM that came with the box) only 200 of these came to the UK and around 1000 to Europe in general, is that right? I did find a post on here from 2007 that suggested they'd be worth around £300 back then, wondering if 4 years on they may be worth more? Googling around the only set I've found for sale is on German Ebay for a BIN of EUR499 :shock: What do you guys reckon?

Re: 1991 Marin Eldridge

Now on eBay if anyone is interested.

The item number is: 190374704125

Sorry I can't post the link, I don't have five posts.

Thanks,
Niall

Hi, some sets of wheels I'd like to get an idea of value please?

First set:

Hope TiGlide XC hubs, 8 or modern 9 speed, DB spokes, Bontrager Red Spot front and Blue Spot rear rims. Wheels built be Jeremy Duke around 1995, still have the receipt, I'm sure the hub shell and freewheel is titanium (not sure about the axles?), hubs in excellent condition and rims very good, the 'Built by Jeremy Duke' and Bontrager stickers have been long gone and just the residue of the stickers can be seen on the rim but the 'Red' and 'Blue' spot stickers are still there. A light wheelset, about 1.6kg ... some pics

HopeXCWheels01.jpg

HopeXCWheels02.jpg

HopeXCWheels03.jpg

HopeXCWheels04.jpg

And I have this set of LX M550 Hubs, 7 speed, DB spokes, Mavic M231 rims, stickers intact on the rims and both hubs and rims in excellent condition, built by Merlin way back when ...

LXMavicWheels01.jpg

LXMavicWheels02.jpg

how much should i be asking for a set of mavic x139's snowflaked to stx paralax hubs ? 99% true almost no wear to the rims bearings smooth ?

pic.........
IMG_1944.jpg

as i sold the yellow saracen these were on i don't have a bike these go with :(

cheers folks :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back