East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

Cleaned (knocked the dried mud off) the Pace today. Repaired the puncture only to find I'd missed one (DON'T YOU JUST HATE THAT!). So ready to ride tomorrow, downside is that I'm coughing and spluttering and sneezing all over the place so not sure if I'll have the will to get out of bed. Don't want to miss Tuesday.

I spent an hour putting my Saracen Kili singlespeed back together again having raided it for parts for the Proflex. It's back in one piece now and looking good (if still muddy :roll: )

Trying an interesting experiment on it - see if you notice what it is...

Even have the most aggressive tyre in the world on the back ready for the mud on Tuesday: the Panaracer Spike :twisted:

g1gg_spike_r_195_blk_side.jpg

g1g_spike_r_195_blk_trd.jpg

Hope you're better by Tues Rob!

That tyre is seriously spikey. What's it like on anything else? Noticed on the site that Halfords are selling Panaracer Muds at £10. Was tempted. Actually still am, maybe pop down tomorrow, it could be a wet Spring. I'm not aware of John's ride being particularly muddy. Maybe the last section.

Atchooo.

I was just going by what my mate Simon said when he rode in the area last Tuesday...

Haven't use a Panaracer Spike for many years - can't remember what it's like on anything else. It has a very hard compound apparently. Probably not very good :LOL: But the riding we are likely to be doing this spring might suit it nicely :D

ive riden witha spike rear many times i cant really say i notice any difference other than better traction on any loose stuff.
rides like crap on roads tho lol

like rob i've got a cold =/

i would like to get out with you guys again.
i recently switched all the bits off my trek over to the specialzed FSR, still need to give it a proper test ride.

Well, I got out after snowboarding with the kids (well, surfing their sledge down the hill in the park!), I managed to get 2 hours out. Took the Saracen with the Spike rear on it - blimey the snow was tough work :shock: I think because it wasn't that cold there was loads of mud underneath the snow doubling the effort needed! I'm jiggered! The tyre was good, but as you say, hard going on the road!

Back