Pace RC200 F8 modern build

Been away from the forum for sometime so only just seen the thread. The Fox forks were just so wrong, leaving aside the breaking of the Laws of Yorkshire Square (i.e. thou shalt only put Pace forks on a Pace frame), they were just too big. The front end was too high. Maguras look better but still too big. F8 was built around RC38s which had 68mm of boing (or was it 63?).

Otherwise a tidy build. Check out my F8, defo not a showboat.

F8s had disk tabs but also had threads for V brake inserts. There is a thread somewhere on here explaining the differences between all of the F numbers. Pace Geek at work is thread title if my aged memory serves me correctly. Continued building them until about 2003.

Radar":ws6ztyka said:
Been away from the forum for sometime so only just seen the thread. The Fox forks were just so wrong, leaving aside the breaking of the Laws of Yorkshire Square (i.e. thou shalt only put Pace forks on a Pace frame), they were just too big. The front end was too high. Maguras look better but still too big. F8 was built around RC38s which had 68mm of boing (or was it 63?).

Otherwise a tidy build. Check out my F8, defo not a showboat.

F8s had disk tabs but also had threads for V brake inserts. There is a thread somewhere on here explaining the differences between all of the F numbers. Pace Geek at work is thread title if my aged memory serves me correctly. Continued building them until about 2003.

I have never conformed to convention! Maverick to the core! I do miss the foxs as they where a plusher ride but it def handles better with the Mag's on. Think mines a late one? shall have dig for the thread. Cheers

I like the forks. Brings a classic frame bang upto date. Always wanted a pace just could never afford one. Think im gonna keep my eye out for one. They have to be getting rarer and rarer these days and are surely gonna hold their value.

pjmcb1":31ufq624 said:
I like the forks. Brings a classic frame bang upto date. Always wanted a pace just could never afford one. Think im gonna keep my eye out for one. They have to be getting rarer and rarer these days and are surely gonna hold their value.

i got myself one after wanting one since the early 90's :cool: as for getting rare, thats the main reason to go out and look for those bikes that you have wanted while they are still out there. they only get rarer.

This is true. My biggest mistake was getting rid of my old cannondale raven. It was in the purple and green flip paint (i forget the proper name)and still to this day regret selling it. Loving BOTH your mountain cycles too by the way saltyman.

and now the end is near... you know the rest! Maybe one day i'll have another? I have attached some cheeky conditions to her new owner! That is if he ever sells i'm to have first refusals! ahhhhhh Living the dream, having owned a PACE. Bye for now

Attachments

• DSC00008.JPG
    DSC00008.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,909
  • DSC00007.JPG
    DSC00007.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 1,909
  • DSC00006.JPG
    DSC00006.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,909
  • DSC00005.JPG
    DSC00005.JPG