PARKPRE, Proelite TITANIUM 1994 **new pic p.8**

Good detective work ER...

it looks like the seat posts on their mountain bikes from 1990 to 1993 was 27mm, and went to 27.2mm from 1994 onwards.

That explains a few seatpost size queries on Parkpre Ti frames

the decals seems to be 1994 or 95

Peter Loncarevich was rideing for parkpre from 93 to 95

is not the cataloged 1994 model

is not in any of the litespeed catalogs

the sleeve in the seattube is Ti

the tested model in the Petersen's Bicycle guide - February 1994 looks like it has 3 or 4 holes in the dropout like mine(pic on page three) - but the teck list says it has a 27.0 post
http://parkpre.com/reviews/Pro Elite 1994.pdf

-might it be a prototype of the 1994 model or the 1995 model?

file.php

here is a pic of the mystical drop out, its not good but it might help.. i will take some more pictures of the bike this week

Reply from Ken Yamakoshi :cool:

Hey Chris,

I'll have to ask my Dad but I think Pete's bike might have been an early Ti sample frame from the manufacturer. The Litespeed frames were the first generation Ti frames before we went to Asia and yes they definitely have better craftsmanship. I think the USA frames were only done one year. The last frame with the holes in the dropouts I believe is the production frame from Asia.

I'll let you know if I find out some more info.

KY

i'm in a seatpost dilema now, i found a 28.6>27.2 shim so i can fit one of the fine post i stock, the one i got one now has 4cm of setback, and thats to much

but i have three options:
a black syncros, close to zero setback
a titanium syncros, close to zero setback
a black controleteck, 2cm setback

Ti is nice.. but i like the look of the blackposts? what to do?

Build it how you want it. Don't be guided by anyone here, it is your bike. That is why every Pro Elite on RB is different.

i did, the syncros Ti is a really nice post but a ti post in a ti frame is a littel to much for me, so i ended whit the black 7075 syncros and a WTB ti saddel.

the Collar from justbackdated is in place and so is the seatpost shim.

pictures of the (for now) final build will come soon.

major upgrades:
Avid Arch Supreme brakes and levers
Salsa stem and riserbars
Kona P2 forks
controltech post

*sorry photos gone*

Back