Ritchey TimberWolf 1984 or 85

Re: 1984 Ritchey

Ductape":192svgyg said:
More

khs4629.jpg

Wow -- that looks fun! Nice work!

A couple of subtle things that stuck out on the frame to me as being old (of course none of the photo's I took show this very well):

Although the to brake cable stops are slotted, the two down tube shifter cable stops are not.

The front der. cable is routed over the BB through cable housing as opposed to under the BB and up.

I always like how old frames have rack mounts front and rear.

very cool :cool:

Is the front fork fb? Also, did you put the cable handers facing that way due to the thick as hell cables being a being a pain to pass the other way? (disregard that last question if it's deemed stupid :LOL: )

Ha, more simple than that, the hanger bolt was rusty and I was hiding it. The front fork is fillet brazed....
Still have a few things to do before I am happy: rear brake of coarse. I would also like to get some foam grips. Next time I take pics, I need to make sure the front tire is on the right way with a valve cap (just fixed a flat and with no qr to guide me, I put the tire on backwards). Thats about it.
Cheers,
T

My oldest son and I have been riding Black Diamond a bit lately. A lot of fun and new to us both so doing a lot of exploring. Where are you riding these winter months?

Latest posts

Back