National Retrobike Event: Trough of Bowland, 27/02/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
:evil:
Looks like three - I did a 12 1/2hour day, an hour in shite traffic, tea with Kiran's mum, then rebuilt the entire front half of the beast only to find my front brake's just stopped working :evil:

No more information than that - it worked perfectly, swapped the forks and now it doesn't. Arse. :evil:

Can't pull a late(r) nighter as the sofabed's in use in the lounge and we don't have any other rooms :evil:

On the plus side, you should now be able to rely on some nice weather...

Got some serious building to do tomorrow, make me feel better.

Have a good ride :cool:

No worries Elpedro, sorry for not responding to your text it's been a busy day. I'd read your post before setting off so we weren't waiting for you or anything. Had a great days riding, really enjoyed it and will put some pics up over the next few days.

Great little recce ride yesterday. Clear blue skys and snow seem to be the norm for retro rides recently so who can complain. A couple of centimetres of snow and a few icy patches made for a terrifying time on the boardwalk sections though, but improved the already spectacular scenery too.
The top section is very muddy in places which makes it rather tricky to ride. The lower loop has much more flow to it and although still a bit sticky in places was much more enjoyable.
I was riding like a complete amateur to begin with but after letting some air out of my tyres, lowering my seatpost by half an inch, and ripping the arse out of my shorts, I began riding much more proficiently.
Very enjoyable and will be a great event next weekend.

And now some pictures.

gisburn-recce-001.jpg

Sorting out the exotic brakes on mr_ship's frankenpace

gisburn-recce-002.jpg

All sorted and ready to ride after the obligatory photo shoot

gisburn-recce-003.jpg

Retro rides, clear blue skies and vintage fly-bys

gisburn-recce-004.jpg

Dyna climb

gisburn-recce-005.jpg

Singletrack climbing on the top loop

gisburn-recce-006.jpg

Perfect winter conditions

gisburn-recce-007.jpg

Making tracks

gisburn-recce-008.jpg

Free valet and jetwash service at the pub

Another one gutted that i couldn't make this! :cry: .......cool pic's DSP ! :cool:

Damn that snow, hope we get a nice mini heat wave before Sat 27th. I'm not sure how Mrs E_R is going to cope with that top loop.

Easy_Rider":22e4avpm said:
Damn that snow, hope we get a nice mini heat wave before Sat 27th. I'm not sure how Mrs E_R is going to cope with that top loop.

She can picnic with Kiran (my lady) where the two loops meet, while we nip around the top ;) :LOL:

A few shots from yesterdays excellent recce.

mr_ships Pace:
4374010426_6045028384_o.jpg

DSPs' GT Bravado:
4374009498_eaf99f9823_o.jpg

My Raleigh Dyna-Tech:
4373254511_2d167fb71d_o.jpg

mr_ship in action:
4374010928_32f59dc76c_o.jpg

DSP in action:
4374011928_7b8967c315_o.jpg

Pants riding:
4374012190_5d492ef52e_o.jpg

Free power wash at the Whelpstone cafe:
4374012582_b8418b904e_o.jpg

The top end of the trails were boggy yesterday and proved hard going so please be prepared for a bit of mud next weekend. I've updated the details at the start of this thread to reflect the new meeting place of the Whelpstone Cafe and reduced the ride to 1 lap, obviously those wishing to more are free to do so, but 1 lap was ample for the 3 of us yesterday. There will be plenty of pictures being taken next weekend, so please bring you best race faces, period clothing, favourite bike etc and then we can put faces to names in the NW&NW area Roll Call thread and give you several pictures as a momento of your day with retrobike, there is also the possibility of a professional photographer (who we met on the trails yesterday) being in attendance too.

Looking forward to this :D see you all there!

Jet wash - think of your retro bearings man.

Anyhow - one has a pass out. Will lube the Rudge up.

So its the Pub in Tosside (near Yorkshireshire at 09:45am)
See you there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back