Help required please

biggs682

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
hi just purchased a racing bike with company name john fern cycles coalville on the headstock and velos fougere on the down tube anybody throw any light on either , mayn thanks martin

Attachments

• red bike.jpg
    red bike.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 2,469
You could try ringing the shop to see if they can shed any light on it

John Fern Cycles, 32 Hotel Street, Coalville, LE67 3EP, 01530 839633

But to justify your purchase (saw your other posts and the Ebay listing) I'd say you done well to get it for £100 good spec frame and components, bargain!

john ferns

thanks for that info i couldnt find , i agree re bike seems a shame to use as work commuter as that was my intention when first bid on it

On the contrary what a great fast commuter it would make! Seriously I think it'd be okay although don't know if you'll fit m/guards on it, or a rack if thats your kinda commute but for summer it'll be great :D

help reqd

in light of day , had a closer inspection waiting for ice and snow to go before test ride , but no mud gaurd eyes so crud beater new ones for 700c would be choice , dont need rack just a little bag for a pr of waterproof trousers . so if rides ok will try it for commuting .
tried ringing the shop just goes to answer phone so will just keep trying and or write a quick note to them via post

john ferns

have now covered a whole 10 miles on this machine and it is a great machine to ride and very flexible

wow I lived in Coalville aged 3-9ish!

never knew they had a bike builders there.. :cool:

edit : just read the rest of the thread. bad news about john :(

Latest posts

Back