Yeti ARC BOTM up for grabs, plus adroit etc. .

starting price is high but guess it'll sort the wheat....

(I won't be bidding though!)

Leucadia Cyclery Adroit ?

Did you buy that Adroit from Leucadia Cyclery for $399 ? At least the packaging looks like Fred's doings...

Re: Leucadia Cyclery Adroit ?

Archangel":37h8ss42 said:
Did you buy that Adroit from Laucadia Cyclery for $399 ? At least the packaging looks like Fred's doings...

Oooooh, Interesting.

For what its worth (might need Carsten's help!), I've added the frame no to the Klein listing. I am told that this is effectively a frame that is built in Sept 1996 and is number 262. I can see the logic in this. Is this right?? :shrug: :?:

elite504":3hk99n1j said:
For what its worth (might need Carsten's help!), I've added the frame no to the Klein listing. I am told that this is effectively a frame that is built in Sept 1996 and is number 262. I can see the logic in this. Is this right?? :shrug: :?:

yes, 0996 means it was built in sept. 96 which was the first or second month of the 97 model year after the summer break. frame no. 262. the 19 is the frame size, T was used for the Attitude until the 1996 model year. the Attitude became the Adroit for 1997 with some minor modifications like threaded bottom bracket shell, loose seat post clamp instead of the welded-on and the V-brake ready cable exit on the top tube.

those three were the main issues customers and dealers had with the old Klein frames. bottom brackets incompatible with Shimanos XTR M950 cranks, welded-on seat post clamps that cracked regularly if not used properly and the frames were not suited for Vbrakes (and like todays disc brakes everyone back then just needed Vbrakes). the 1997 Attitude was basically the 1996 Pulse, i.e. the same frame as your Adroit but with the standard 1 1/8 head tube which got rid of the last Klein specific thing, the press-fit oversized head set which did not allow to switch forks easily.

Carsten

cheers or the detailed information carsten- much appreciated- I guess that clears up any uncertainty over things then! ta,

do you have a price for the rims that are on the bay as i might be intrested at the right price for my p7 build cheers bud :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Back