91 Orange Clockwork.

jimihendrix

MacRetro Rider
This has been hanging around for ages but finaly got it built and riding today, dont know if this happens to anyone else but i tend to get sidetracked with other stuff, i buy a frame with good intentions but then buy another and start building that, that gets left half built when i buy something else :LOL: , since i bought this frame i've built the Kamo Klunker and the GT Zaskar also upgraded my SS Orange E3 quite a bit.

As bought the Clockwork frame was sound but a horrible metalic green colour, this was stripped back to bare steel.

clock1.jpg

Initialy painted it the traditional orange/white but went a bit daft and ended up with this, inspired by the paint on later Clockworks.

orangewhite.jpg

Built it up with mostly LX with XT gears, Michelin wildgrippers and Flite saddle, pleased with the Stalk stem, is a super long 150mm job though, but i like long stems :)

Still needs stickers but i'll get these sorted durring the week ;)

Sorry about the pics, camera is really crap.

clock3.jpg

clock4.jpg

Will post updated pics when i get the stickers on.

This was my original 91 Clockwork i had when i first joined the site at the begining of 2008

redtyres.jpg

Bought the frame off E-bay and built it up but decided it did'nt suit the Switchblade forks, Syncros stem, red tyres, V brakes and anodized bits, was such a mishmash of bits (the drilled cranks have snapped BTW :LOL:) i decided to strip it and start again, i stripped it but for some reason sold the frame and regreted it instantly :roll:, knew i'd end up with another though and this time keep the build basic ;)

Really like that fella... mmmm.. I think I feel a clockwork in those colours coming on again.. :LOL: :LOL:

saltyman":2mhk6za1 said:
looking tidy, best colours too :cool:

I did think about re doing it grey after seeing a few on here, grey ones are very rare (was'nt a popular choice BITD), decided to keep it as it is as it's different while still being orange/white ;)

saltyman":2sof6iox said:

I did think about re doing it plain grey after seeing a few on here, grey ones are very rare (was'nt a popular choice BITD), decided to keep it as it is as it's different while still being orange/white ;)

Nice that Jim. Look forward to seeing it finished. :cool:

Been tinkering with my orange/white fade today, lovely bikes. Just found out that Magura's are a pain in the ars* to set up though. :evil:

looks great Jimi the stalk looks cool- still think porcs would look amazing ;)

Mind and let us know when you shake her down- kind of miss my clockwork- sortof- mybee :roll:

jimihendrix":w4jis11x said:
saltyman":w4jis11x said:

I did think about re doing it plain grey after seeing a few on here, grey ones are very rare (was'nt a popular choice BITD), decided to keep it as it is as it's different while still being orange/white ;)

Very clever and good looking people choose grey so I've heard. ;) :oops: :D

Looking good buddy, nice and purposeful and racy :cool:

Back