And today I did......

What GT frame is that ZZ ?, looks like a late Zaskar :)

Got the Clockwork built and riding thisafternoon :D , funny thing it rides exactly the same as my last 91 Clockwork :LOL: , probably a difference with the standard forks over the Switchblades, maybe less direct ?, i'm not that sensative a rider to notice anyway, main thing is it fits like a glove :cool:

Posted a thread in the readers wifes bit if anyone wants a look, still needs stickers but will get these sorted.

Did'nt get any riding done after all, walked to the shop at 8.00 thismorning and it was so friggin baltic :x, minced about till 10.30, went to Halfords for cables for the Clockwork, worked on that most of the afternoon.

Looking forward to next weekend now :)

ZZ has that GT frame been blasted clean????
If so youve got a job on your hands :shock:
I do a lot of polishing on my motorbike parts.

RM

35 miles on the road bike within Midlothian and the Borders :D

Cracking day to be out and about but alas I'm properly knackered now so tomorrow will be a wash out :roll:

It's a 2008 Avalanche frame, and aye, I got it blasted by the powdercoater - the frame surface is now really rough - in hindsight may have been better to have nitromors'd it instead. Ho hum, live and learn and all that.

Day out at Edinburgh Zoo with daughter today. Alas, penguins decided not to parade but on the plus side the rainbow lorikeets were very funky.

4372737027_c7a1310c34.jpg

Yon parrits look like Kleins :LOL:

I KARMA'D away an old roadie complete working bike to some worthy bod who will commute daily on it. Rudi Altig badging no less :cool:

now basking in da lerve ;)

Mr Panda":39u1ajrj said:
Yon parrits look like Kleins :LOL:

I KARMA'D away an old roadie complete working bike to some worthy bod who will commute daily on it. Rudi Altig badging no less :cool:

now basking in da lerve ;)

well done you :D I'da liked to have sen a pic off the bike though :cool:

zigzag":3fufiltd said:
It's a 2008 Avalanche frame, and aye, I got it blasted by the powdercoater - the frame surface is now really rough - in hindsight may have been better to have nitromors'd it instead. Ho hum, live and learn and all that.

Indeed :shock: in fact I'd give up now or take it to a professional. Have you thought of getting it powdered too?

kaiser":1t82smef said:
zigzag":1t82smef said:

Indeed :shock: in fact I'd give up now or take it to a professional. Have you thought of getting it powdered too?
No, I want shiney (stamps foot).

Surely got to be do-able, just a bit more elbow grease? I had at a small patch last night with wire wool, 600 grit, and it came up alright...ish.

zigzag":1y3yklyl said:
kaiser":1y3yklyl said:
zigzag":1y3yklyl said:

No, I want shiney (stamps foot).

Surely got to be do-able, just a bit more elbow grease? I had at a small patch last night with wire wool, 600 grit, and it came up alright...ish.

Aye it can do, but its the bits round the triple that are a pain and the nooks and crannys. If your gonna do it really consider some equipment, and Aldi's dremel thing or some polishing mops and compound. Good luck anyway, I have a GT frame that I've been polishing for 2 years :twisted: its getting sold or powdered.

BTW if anyones wanting to swap a semi polished GT.......

Latest posts

Back