Chris Doyle Signature

Neil G

Old School Grand Master
Just thought I'd post a pic of my 2006 Doyle signature...not particularly old but still pretty old school in the ever evloving scene that is BMX.

Nice to ride and has probably the nicest colour paintwork. Brought some new McNeil bars for it the other day (to replace the 1997 slams) ready for another year of trails service :D

They have to be, clay so fall apart if the carpets aren't on them!

I think it is based on the Legacy which is a race bike so the geometry is good for trails, also like the brake is on the chainstay like it used to be!

Next project is finishing the Trailboss :D

The mud we had wasn't too bad so we only ever covered them over in heavy rain ; the decoy lot ride with the old conveyor belts on most of the year :LOL:

Trailboss sounds interesting , I'd be tempted to make it like jimmy levans old one in roadfools .

I'd love a white Trailboss with black parts like he had in RF one, probably my fave bikes of all time (and fave vid too).

Mine is a a nice burgandy colour (wine red) but doesn't have the original graphics, still got the snake on the headtube and the stencilled Standard on the down tube. t's pretty well used and TBH I quite like it like that, it's the bike I learn't the most stuff on and has been to lots of spots etc.

The Doyle is nice although lacking character....needs some dents/scuffs etc. Got to ride more lol

I was wondering about the Trailboss when I saw it in your sig. Get a pic up when it's ready. A lad round my way has one he rides now and then, it's more of a street set up though. Also interested in seeing the Fit BF if you've got a pic.

The Doyle looks sweet, I like a brown frame.

Here's the Fit BF..not a great pic but gives you an idea of what it was like. Pretty beefy construction and old school cups (American BB). Most of that kit is now on the Doyle, can't remember how old the wheels are but they've lasted!

The Trailboss is nice, still frame only at the moment but trying to collect parts for it. I might replace the cranks on the Doyle & wheels so that stuff will probably go on the TB eventually :D

Attachments

• Foster.jpg
    Foster.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 477
Looks just like an S1, then Fit/S&M usually base all their frames on the same design.

Yeah, it's definately one of the first runs of the model for sure..was an okay bike geometry wise but a tad overbuilt for me as I don't ride much park and no street at all!

Have to get pics of my old NG Dirtbike up...brought one of the first ones in chrome back around '96/97. Now that was ever burlier and short IIRC the TT was under 20 inches!

Back