1991 Mountain Goat Deluxe

..yeah, also wanted one for a long time. i also like the older Deluxe with normal seat stays and that cool rigid fork but the monostay is just too gorgeous... my kids love the Dinos too. they counted 2 land and 5 flying Dinosaurs but no names yet ;)

i will fix the few paint damages, replace the rims (the original ones are shot), clean all the parts and build it up again. it will get period correct (there it is again...) tires, saddle and handle bar and a Mavic rear der. i will try to paint the fork crown to match the rest. ultimately i would love to get a fillet-brazed rigid fork for it and have Russ Pickett paint it to match...

Carsten

AWESOME GOAT

Hey Carsten, you got yourself a fine example of a MOUNTAIN GOAT...Now if you ever want to sell it ........ :D I own a WTR LITE from 91 and they are wicked bikes that actually ride well too..I see youve got the GOAT headset too? They are very rare......Anyway love it loads.. :D

update, almost done :)

i spent uncounted hours on fixing all those smaller and larger paint damages and painting the RS-1 crown. still not perfect but better than before... grips will finally be ODI Attack or Grab-on MTN-2. not sure about the saddle/seat post combo, somehow doesn't look right. but nonetheless, it's a darn sweet thing!

IMG_1826a.jpg

IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1839.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg

IMG_1830trim.jpg

Frame: Mountain Goat Deluxe
Fork: RockShox RS-1
Rims: Araya RM-20
Hubs: MAVIC 531
Quick Release: MAVIC
Tires: Tioga MudDawg rear, Panaracer HardCore Dart Compe front
Pedals: Suntour XC Pro GreaseGuard
Crank: MAVIC V.T.T. 637 MTB
Chain: Regina Superleggera
Rear Cogs: Suntour Winner Pro 12-28 7spd freewheel
Bottom Bracket: Suntour/WTB GreaseGuard
Front Derailleur: MAVIC 875
Rear Derailleur: MAVIC 841 triple
Shifters: Suntour XC Pro 7spd
Handlebars: Tioga Prestige
Grips: WTB to be replaced by ODI Attack
Stem: Mountain Goat Competition
Headset: Mountain Goat Roller
Brake set: Suntour XC Pro (rear SE)
Brake levers: Suntour XC Pro
Saddle: Selle Itala Turbo Special
Seat Post: MAVIC 330 MTB
Paint: Dinosaurs
Size: 18
Serial #:
Place of Origin: Chico, CA

Quick! Take if out for a ride, spank it down some Singletrack, get someone to take a photo and stick it in the BOTM Comp.. :cool:

Wow another stunning bike - the paint scheme is really something! Everything about this is pure class! I been searching for various Mavic MTB components and it's lead me to many gems I've missed over the years

I wonder if its been ridden yet or just hung up somewhere?

Back