MBK All Terrain Tracker Max

mrkawasaki":3mi8496d said:
Nice - what's the history and year?

Mr K

PS. Expecting mud are we... ;-)

thanks , must be a 91 model .

we got it with Elite504 from Holland thanks to one of our member there .
it was equiped with a full Euclid groupset . I could not afford the whole bike and Nick wanted the groupset . we struck a deal . I had a nearly complete Record groupset and Pete helped with last few bits .

I chose the purple theme as MBK also had a model wich was painted a fade of pink and purple .

really pleased with it .

mrkawasaki":2a0lb2nh said:
Nice - what's the history and year?

Mr K

PS. Expecting mud are we... ;-)

thanks , must be a 91 model .

we got it with Elite504 from Holland thanks to one of our member there .
it was equiped with a full Euclid groupset . I could not afford the whole bike and Nick wanted the groupset . we struck a deal . I had a nearly complete Record groupset and Pete helped with last few bits .

I chose the purple theme as MBK also had a model wich was painted a fade of pink and purple .

I only had those tyres with Amberwall .

really pleased with it . ;)

I really like that, looks crazy but sexy- what happened to the cable guides and if I had one crit. it would be the brake levers- overall a very unusual and cool bike
:D

makster":23vtzdxz said:
Very nice! Not liking the pink outers, but the rest is :cool:
Would love to know what 'inexternal' means :LOL:

Nice bike. I used to sell those and i have built inexternal brazed joints.

First thing they are are actually brazed not welding, it was a translation issue.
secondly the lower end modles in 89-90 had a massive recall we did at least 50 recalls but never that particular model.

Inexternal is where the is a small fillet on the inside of the tube that when brazed is pulled through to the outside to make the joint. These are just about the hardest joint to make. you need to shape the brass to sit inside the tube and the joint needs to be made with in one plane so that the bras does nto move. you need to heat the joint to pull the braze fromt he inside out. but because you cant see what is goign on or add more brass to the inside it takes loads of skill. ideally you should have a joint on the inside that is 4x the thickness of the tube. you can if you are really skilled make a small fillet on outside to. :¬)

These were good biek and MBK used to have great value kit on them too.

Nice :)

Sold a lot of the MBK Mtb's BITD, mainly the cheaper ones. Built to last!

I have a similar project in the wings, Euro steel frame from the same era- steel frame, purple and Campag.............

Andy

biglev":26yuh5ec said:
makster":26yuh5ec said:
Very nice! Not liking the pink outers, but the rest is :cool:
Would love to know what 'inexternal' means :LOL:

Nice bike. I used to sell those and i have built inexternal brazed joints.

First thing they are are actually brazed not welding, it was a translation issue.
secondly the lower end modles in 89-90 had a massive recall we did at least 50 recalls but never that particular model.

Inexternal is where the is a small fillet on the inside of the tube that when brazed is pulled through to the outside to make the joint. These are just about the hardest joint to make. you need to shape the brass to sit inside the tube and the joint needs to be made with in one plane so that the bras does nto move. you need to heat the joint to pull the braze fromt he inside out. but because you cant see what is goign on or add more brass to the inside it takes loads of skill. ideally you should have a joint on the inside that is 4x the thickness of the tube. you can if you are really skilled make a small fillet on outside to. :¬)

These were good biek and MBK used to have great value kit on them too.

Thanks for explanation .

Cable guides just snapped when I tried to make them bigger . I could buy some and metal glue them but havent got the time .

fatfixie":12h7yomi said:
Nice :)

Sold a lot of the MBK Mtb's BITD, mainly the cheaper ones. Built to last!

I have a similar project in the wings, Euro steel frame from the same era- steel frame, purple and Campag.............

Andy

A Ferraroli springs to mind . :D

It's just weird mate.....................

;)

Frame looks very, very similar to higher end Peugeots from around the same time - even the internally brazed joints. Same factory?

Back