A couple of Bontragers...

N10S

Dirt Disciple
Just took a new shot of my Ti-lite with the ti Syncros post and ti railed saddle, and also thought I would post some shots of a nice Race Lite I just picked-up. I may end-up using my Judy w/bontrager crown on the bike and selling the sid...it just seems like a bit too much travel for the bike. Guess I will test ride it with the Sid once it makes it to me, to see how slow it makes the steering. Maybe the travel can be adjusted down on the Sid...I just don't recall if that can be done or not.

B4.jpg

B5.jpg

bonty002.jpg

bonty003.jpg

bonty004.jpg

P1020864.jpg

P1020865.jpg

Thanks P20! I stumbled across the Race Lite on craigslist in Denver, and since my brother-in-law lives there was able to do the "local buy only" deal with him playing the middle-man. It was a good deal to boot making it worth the effort.

Hollister,

I am not absolutely sure on the year of the RaceLite but I figured it to be a 95 or 96. I haven't had the ti-lite on a ride yet, but I can tell just from tooling around on it that its going to be an excellent bike for single-tracking. I have a set of truvative SS cranks and BB, and had considered making the ti-lite into an SS since it supposed to be a bit more rigid than the Race Lite. Overall the bike just feels good though, so maybe I shouldn't mess with something thats already in harmony.

Nice lugged touring bike Hollister! Yeah...bike owning can become obsessive compulsive at times for sure. Like you(and more than a few others I am sure), I would like to find a factory SS frame. Its all about timing and keeping your eyes open when they do surface. Oh yeah..in my case I have to also be ready to battle the wife later about my latest acquisition. ;)

Jeff :)

Back