What brand of bike is this?

20090826-14.jpg

picture_2062_200.jpg

legrandefromage that is dead on.
thanks.You wouldnt know the year on that blue one would you.Same decals .
I will probably find a similar fork for it.Thanks

Well,i have been trying to find more info on this yokota.Anybody out there have a yosemite that is similar,if can you tell me what does your serial numbers start with?The yosemites i have seen have noodles on the seat lug like utahdog2003s yosemite.Can anybody figure or guess at this serial number..B90011234

GT BIKE RIDER":pecxvva0 said:
Well,i have been trying to find more info on this yokota.Anybody out there have a yosemite that is similar,if can you tell me what does your serial numbers start with?The yosemites i have seen have noodles on the seat lug like utahdog2003s yosemite.Can anybody figure or guess at this serial number..B90011234
As I recall, Yosemites grew 1.25 head tubes in 1990. My guess if yours was made in February (B)of 1989 (9). Probably made by Giant in Taiwan, or maybe Kawamura in Japan. I'm pretty sure it's not a Toyo built frame...

...and it sure aint a Teesdale! :LOL:

But it will be a nice fun bike with a little work. Good cro-mo frames like these are nifty to play with, and as you've discovered, Yokotas are rare.

Mine is about 4 years newer or so, so a lot changes within 4 years...Note mine has three noodles on the seat tube, where this (white) 1990-1 Yosemite has only 1. The grey is on eBay now, and has been for eons. I think it's an 88. Cool smokey paint.

Attachments

• ecec_12.jpg
    ecec_12.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,051
  • 1990.jpg
    1990.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,051
Oops,hit submit before finishing post.
I say this because ,why the numbers 1234 at the end like someone was going to start serial numbers from that point on.

GT BIKE RIDER":2iq8iur6 said:
Oops,hit submit before finishing post.
I say this because ,why the numbers 1234 at the end like someone was going to start serial numbers from that point on.

...could just be a coincidence. SOMEBODY hase to have "#1"
:LOL: :cool:

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,025
Back