Coolwall - Trek OCLV

Coolwall - Trek OCLV

• Cool

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Additional...

Although a little new to be considered for voting purposes I still think that some of Roland Green's World Cup and World Championship winning bikes are some of the best looking and coolest bikes about, and there was a time when I was racing that I really wanted that bike.

UNCOOL! Bitd the top end Treks were just a 'ok, but hell its a Trek' so dont go near.

:roll: :D

If it helps it's cause, OCLV was also used by Gary Fisher is some of his dull as ditch-water bikes. No, not helping?

Alright then, everyone knows that drugs are cool, so what could be cooler than a bike used by renowned drug takers like Landis, Hamilton, Andreu, Herras, Armstro.... in fact in most of those cases the bike was soooo good that they only got found out for drug taking after they stopped riding it, the only one who has never been caught is still riding one so that makes it a MAGIC bike and that is coool. No, that's not working either is it

Ok then, if a bike has won BOTM it must be cool and OCLVs are always winning BOTM aren't they? No, one more bash at this..

What is really uncool, er John Prescott is very uncool so a Google Fight between 'OCLV is Cool' vs 'John Prescott is Cool' would end in a huge and deserved victory for OCLV, wouldn't it:

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?la ... tt+is+cool

Face it, it's a dull and nasty plastic bike made with no passion or feeling, it's ridden by some of the worlds most dire and dreary racers (and Bush), if you broke one you wouldn't mourn you'd just get trek to warranty it under their sterile exchange system for another soul sapping hit of insipid bike phlegm (wrapped in a tissue of shimano no doubt for that extra hit of humdrum) and, for gods sake, its a Trek

Not a fan of the Y-bikes, or the newer OCLV HC and later frames, but the early stuff is definitely up there for me. But then, I would say that - I've owned one since '93. My original 9800 was replaced with this one under warranty - not the prettiest of paint schemes, but one of the best handling bikes around. Providing you manage not to break them that is. Cool by me.

Attachments

• 9900_01.jpg
    9900_01.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 489
andrewl":3syi7khr said:
Normally speaking Trek is pretty uncool BUT we are specifically talking about OCLV frames then thats a different story.

In my opinion the OCLV hardtails are a thing of beauty as are the road frames and they work and lots of races both on and off road have been won on them. Sure the monutain frames were a little fragile in some hands but so were many other race frames.

OCLV is cool even though Trek isn't

yep agree with you there master Ling...

when they 1st came out I thought they were pretty darn good, not quite a kestrel, but >>> than a CFM...

but Y's no and other stuff, no... so old OCLV, cool, the only cool trek really (although a mate has a 9.8 thats still rather nifty)

Sorry but I also think uncool. Possibly innovative and definitely light (the hardtails), but at the end of the day - plastic. For the money there were always better and cooler alternatives.

I loved the early carbon frames that were glued and came in neon colors.
But these OCLV ones I've never liked (same goes for cadex frames).

But most of all Trek = Armstrong

So UNCOOL!

Well, the OCLV frames are really nice (not the Y-shaped ones though :x ).

The only thing..... Trek just isn't cool.... :cry: Sorry guys! Trust me, I know.... I own 2 Trek's!

Although the OCLV-bikes are nice, I have to vote 'uncool'!

rienster":23z84uha said:
But most of all Trek = Armstrong

So UNCOOL!

This seems to be quite a pervasive attitude, and to be honest, I don't really understand it. He was 3rd in the last TDF despite being relatively ancient and riding against a field of younger riders. Bradley Wiggins came fourth and everybody thinks he's related to God.

Personally I think he's f-ing incredible on a bike (he wins MTB races too), and deserves a bit more respect. As for the issue of drugs - innocent until proven guilty I say.

Sorry for the OT rant :oops:

Back