National Retrobike Event: Trough of Bowland, 27/02/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took a trip up to Gisburn today, left bright blue skies behind in Cumbria only to be immersed in Lancastrian freezing fog.
Gotta say they've done a pretty good job with the red route (the Black section was closed for maintenance :cry: ) Most of it was rideable though it was very muddy and icy up higher, near the crag and there's still some snow up top too. Took just under 2 hours with a couple of stops. And I'm slow and unfit!!
My RC200 now christened "Franken-Pace" enjoyed the ride out but got a bit scared in the dense woods...man it was DARK. Could've done with lights :LOL:

I know Mark and DSP are off up on Friday so I'm sure they'll give another update then.

P1010965.jpg

P1010966.jpg

Word has it that the big bermed section is closed for the next six weeks for re-surfacing. :cry:

Dr S":3e2pzjt0 said:
Word has it that the big bermed section is closed for the next six weeks for re-surfacing. :cry:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :evil: That's the best bit! Oh well, the section that this replaced was quite good fun from memory so that'll have to do.

Aye- from the Facebook Group:

Nigel Pilling sent a message to the members of Gisburn Forest MTB Trail Development.

--------------------
Subject: Hully Gully Closed!

HULLY GULLY WILL BE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!!

2ND REPAIR DAY ON THE GULLY - SUNDAY 28TH OF FEB. All Welcome, location map on the group page in the photos section.

A BIG thanks to everyone who came on Sunday 14th Feb for the repair session on Hully Gully (photos on the group page). We got about a third of the section resurfaced and a lot of the holes dug out ready for filling but there is quite a bit to do yet so the gully will remain closed until the work can be completed. Please DO NOT ride it for now and encourage others to do the same as it will make our work much easier and quicker.

There is also a survey being carried out at the moment on trail condition, you can have your say here:
http://www.facebook.com/l/6013e;www.esu ... e3c05fc1df

Look forward to seeing you all at the next dig!

Nige

Those forks look ace on the square frame, tres cool :cool:
Now you just need the 3-arm CODA cranks that were on here a short while back... :twisted:

The gully was a mess a couple of weeks back - I dropped into it without realising and felt guilty when I realised what I was riding, very chopped up with deep ruts already, made it quite dicey/exciting though, trying to keep enough speed up through the sludge & ruts!

Anyway, there's plenty more to enjoy, if I ever finish work (one of those days) get my front end completely rebuilt tonight, and don't get asked to work tomorrow, I'll be out for another freezing lap!

Would someone PM some times/places for the morning please? Mobile number might be handy too - not that they work when you get there! I'll be on the Lime Green mmmBOP, so easy to spot... :shock: Thank goodness the red bars & stem have gone now though!

Fingers crossed... :cool:
Pete

Planning on meeting at the pub at 0945 ish for a 10 o'clock start. My mobile is 07947 637972 but mobile coverage can be poor in the Gisburn area.

Hopefully see you there.

Cheers Mark

I'm planning on coming up to Gisburn tomorrow.
9:45am at the Dog and Partridge it is.
Forecast looks dry, bright and cold. Looking forward to it. :D

Paul

Dry?! :shock:
Not sure I can be doing with that...

Does that mean that when I get back to the car I might not feel like a refridgerated jelly-fish?

Don't know what to think :?

Looks like 4 of us for the recce (myself, DSP, elpedro and mr-ship). Meet at the pub at 0945 and go from there. Anyone else wishing to join in please do.

will prob turn up on the 27th

picture of last years snow as in 12months ago ;)

note BENANDEMU's ti Martin with RC36s

DSC00006.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back