South & West Midlands Chat and rides

Will be moving in 13/14 Feb, but I won't be there full time until about 20 Mar. Then looking forward to a long spring/summer off work, getting fit and learning to ride again.

We looked in Ross and a house in Lea which went for crazy money.

Blimey the Cotswolds are writtin off until we get some dryer weather :roll: Still we got out!! :D

Yep - challenging conditions in the Cotswolds Saturday - here's daj looking cheerful despite axel deep mud. Bit out of focus unfortunately - still you can get the idea.

All in the interests of "consumer testing" his local loop from Stow on the Wold. Actually it was good fun in a masochistic kind of way!

Roll on Spring!!

Attachments

• daj.jpg
    daj.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 566
Evening ,

How are we all ?

Is there the slightest interest in getting together for a local loop? I have taken to the roads due to the rubbish conditions in the Cotswolds but happy to be shown around someone elses?

Any news Chris on Mayhem team?

Does anyone else road ride?

Cheers

daj

Roads are a better bet at the moment I feel. Cycled back from Tewksbury to Ross this afternoon on Tiny Ti with cyclocross tyres - shade under 30 miles. Slushy roads, lots of snow around Ledbury. Malverns made a magnificent back drop for the first half of this ride!

Further to the road riding theme daj and I and possibly one or two others from my motley collection of local cycling friends are doing a road loop around Ross on Wye this Saturday 27th Feb.

Distance 20+ miles quiet lanes and a few hills to keep warm climbing but nothing hugely challenging.

Starting from my house in Ross at 1.00 p.m. back 3.00 ish for tea and flapjacks.

Short notice but if anyone fancies coming drop me a PM and I'll let you know address and phone contact.

Cheers

Carol

daj":1ikljyiv said:

yes mate all looking good hopefully ;)

Gump, Myself and another couple of lads that pop up on here now and again.

chris.

Chris":2v3k5mj2 said:
daj":2v3k5mj2 said:

yes mate all looking good hopefully ;)

Gump, Myself and another couple of lads that pop up on here now and again.

chris.

Thats brilliant news Chris :cool:

Anyone else up for a trundle this saturday around Ross ?

CAS":2o5fvnp4 said:
Further to the road riding theme daj and I and possibly one or two others from my motley collection of local cycling friends are doing a road loop around Ross on Wye this Saturday 27th Feb.

Distance 20+ miles quiet lanes and a few hills to keep warm climbing but nothing hugely challenging.

Starting from my house in Ross at 1.00 p.m. back 3.00 ish for tea and flapjacks.

Short notice but if anyone fancies coming drop me a PM and I'll let you know address and phone contact.

Cheers

Carol

Superb ride today around the lovely setting of Ross on Wye thanks to Carol and her husband, We did well for weather even managing to catch some rays towards the end :cool: Even came across a very Retro house with a phonebox and dummies !! :LOL:

Looking forward to the next one!!

And here's the evidence

daj in a full set of "roadie lycra" and a distinctly dodgy phone box full of mannequins!

As the man says a good ride - all those hours on the turbo have obviously paid dividends as daj sprinted up all of the hills in fine style!

Attachments

• penny farthing.jpg
    penny farthing.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 510
  • phone box.jpg
    phone box.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 510
Back