My Cannondale M500...a poll

What do you think about "the red"?

• Too much red, like Liverpool playing in a poppy field, in hell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too many reds, one shade here, another shade there, what have you done?

• Spot on, I love it

• More red, where are the red skewers, hubs, seatpost clamp, bars, cranks, chainrings, flite...

• Other...see my comment below, you geek

• Total voters
JeRkY":zqc1etjv said:
Rule of thumb...those tires look crap no matter what they go on :p

^^^^^^This. Don't think I've seen a bike they look good on. Make retro's look too modern and make modern look cheap IMO.

Apart from that...... Think the red V's take it over the edge so voted No2. Replace those with some shiney silver ones and it would look ace as I like the rest of the red content. :cool:

mfh126":31sgawvw said:
jonnyboy666":31sgawvw said:
personally i'm not a fan of mixing red painted components and red ano components

^ I agree with this.

i was told this too and ended up not using the nice red painted CT stem with my Cirrus build. but that didn't stop me from sourcing an even MORE off red Ritchy SPD set for it. :twisted: but then again i may just pull them off still. :roll:

i'll also have to agree i'm not a fan of those Panaracer Fire XC pro tyres with the awful huge colour stripe. The black Panaracer Fire XC pro tyres would work okay as it has a more subtle red strip to just above the rim.

img_2294_457.jpg

Or I'd suggest going with either some red/rustwall tyres like from IRC, or perhaps some Spesh tyres that have a more subtle red stripe.

img_2433_112.jpg

forgot to say, in the end, it's your bike so do what you like. you can make it as pretty or hideous as you like! ;)

RockiMtn":3b2cmpdc said:
forgot to say, in the end, it's your bike so do what you like. you can make it as pretty or hideous as you like! ;)

I forgot to add that, too! It's a great bike, just not my cup of tea.

mfh126":14fyqhuh said:
RockiMtn":14fyqhuh said:

I forgot to add that, too! It's a great bike, just not my cup of tea.

btw, where's pics of your 'Dale??? ;)

too many reds?

red pedals on any bike does'nt do it for me but, overall things are looking alright! nice one mate. :cool:
its all about what you want to do.i suppose it does'nt hurt to check in to see how close to the wind you are sailing in terms of over-doing it.
yes,red hubs. ;)

Thanks everyone, this is fun!

I get the impression that the tyres aren't going down well! If I can get hold of some reasonably priced amberwalls then maybe I'll try them, but I like the Panaracers so they'll more than likely stay. So there.

I agree with the fork size comment though, they don't quite look right with the fat Cannondale tubes. Ironically they were the inspiration behind "the red" so they'd need to be replaced with more glorious redness.

I will get some daylight photos too, as soon as the flinking snow stops.

Back