GT LTS DH - Refurb'd frame w/ great parts

haydnw

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
After lavishing much love and attention on restoring my LTS DH as a diversion from my PhD write-up, I've now realised it's not a practical bike for me to own in the slightest and it would be better going to someone who might treat it better! Details are as follows:

022008.jpg

Frame:
GT LTS DH with adjustable 3.75" or 4.75" of travel. Rockshox Super Deluxe rear shock (compression and rebound adjustment). The frame has been totally stripped down and powder-coated in black. Head tube and BB faced. New decals re-created manually. New bearings fitted to main pivot (near the bottom bracket) and top pivot (near the top tube), specs for spares available too. New bushings fitted to pivot where the seatstays meet the chainstays. New trunnion travel chips fitted. No lateral play whatsoever in the rear end. This frame includes a built-in rear disc mount, unlike earlier frames which only came with V-brake mounts. Frame measures 15" from centre of bottom bracket to the middle of the top tube where it meets the seat tube. Measures 19.5" from centre of the bottom bracket to the top of seat tube.

Forks:
Marzocchi Junior T (2003?). 170mm travel. IS disc mount. No oil leaks, stanchions in perfect condition.

Wheels:
Mavic D521 rims in very good condition. Front hub is Shimano XT, rear hub is by F.U.N.N.
Tioga Factory DH 2.1 tyres front and rear *

Drivetrain:
Cranks: RaceFace North Shore DH Forged in immaculate condition
Chainring: FSA
Chain guide: AC chain guide
Rear mech: Shimano XTR
Chain: SRAM 9sp *
Rear cassette: SRAM 9sp
Shifter: Shimano Deore 9sp
Gear cable: Gore Ride-on fully sealed system *

Controls:
Handlebars: Azonic riser
Handlebar plugs: Hope *
Grips: GT *
Stem: Marzocchi integrated stem *

Brakes:
Calipers: Hope M4 twin-pot
Levers: Hope Sport
Discs: Hope Lightening / Orange logo (185mm front, 165mm rear)

Other:
Headset: FSA Orbit
Wheel QR skewers: Hope *
Seat clamp: Hope *
Saddle: Titec Berserkr DH
Seatpost: System-EX *
Seatstay hose guide: Hope *

* Items marked with an asterisk were purchased brand new for this build, and have only been used on one ride.

Everything is in full working order - the bike has been taken on one ride since I finished building it up. Although this is running a single chainring at the moment, I do have the other two which will be included as part of the sale. If you did want to run a triple-chainring setup at the front, the cable guide for the mech is still in place under the bottom bracket. Please note that pedals aren't included.

I'm looking for £750 for this, which I think is reasonable given the excellent condition of all the components and the total refurb on the frame. It's certainly less than I've spent to get it to this condition, anway.

Collection preferred, from Nottingham or Loughborough, but postage could be arranged if really necessary (I am moving house at the moment though, so it may take a few days to sort out). Payment by cash on collection or by PayPal gift as I can't afford to get stung for the fees! Please note that the bike is advertised elsewhere.

good luck, nice bike

just to let you know, after reading your build thread. this is a 1997 frame.

They only made the LTS-DH for two years, 96 and 97. yours being identified as the later by the double bend in the seat stay (as opposed to single) and cnc alloy top link (as opposed to ti)

Quite a nice ride, that's definitely a '97 frame and the forks are '05 or '06. the 03 had gold-ish stanchions. Best of luck on selling it whole it'd be a shame to split such a nice build, but if you do split I'll just register my interest in the chain guide.

Don't pay any attention to the graphics - I traced some STS ones I liked, altered them to read "LTS DH" instead and then changed the colours. :D They were printed up by Gil so it's not a shoddy home-made affair.

I'm unlikely to split, but if I do then someone has also expressed interest in the forks.

Back