Fat Chance 1986- finished pics added page 4

got the brake pads- thanks scant, spent the evening with a cloth and metal polish and think the bike is now almost finished (still need to polish the spokes but that is a job for another warmer night).

suntour brake pads from this

padbefore.jpg

to this

padafter.jpg

:D

I even had a wee bimble up the street and found out that with the slack headtube and the relatively short bullmoose bars, the old girl is to cramped for me anyway :LOL: I would need to slam on a 150mm stem to get her comfy and as that is not happening anytime soon, she will just have to be eye candy for a while longer (perfect size for you kaiser ;) )

I will get a few decent pictures done soon and finish this thread up. I have to say, that this has been the most enjoyable build bar none, these old fats are special and even given I finished the prestige project at the same time, it just didn't give me the same feeling of satisfaction at the end. My only problem is what to build that is better, not sure there is anything :?

Once again...awesome work. Polishing is such a tedious task, but the results speak for themselves. I'm going to look around to see if I can find an original photo of what the frame looked like in it's prior build- big difference.

:cool: top work fellah :) cannae wait to give this one a thrashin :twisted:

!

Lovely build, classic Fat Chance

I've got one of those saddles in a box someplace, not in as good condition... may need to get rid as I'm never going to use it.

Man, this bike looks soo sweet. Can't wait when I'll see it in the flesh one day. BOTM?

Latest posts

Back