Ti Raleigh, Vitus, Bianchi and Colnago

psychlist

Devout Dirtbag
Since discovering this forum I've discovered the delights of the older road bike - two of these were bought from here -

Late seventies Ti Raleigh, pretty much original except for saddle (an Iscaselle Tornado is on its way to me) and brake levers (I upgraded to the ones with holes!).
P7055958.jpg

Vitus, late eighties, originally badged as Graham Weigh, but I prefer the minimalist look. Both frame and brakes are unusual examples of cycling engineering!
P2177744_edited.jpg

P2177748_edited.jpg

Bianchi, eighties - I'd like to trade the Dura Ace for almost any bar shifter Campag - anyone fancy a trade?
P2167728_edited.jpg

Colnago Super (eighties?) FG/SS, due to leave on the basis of "one in, one out"!
P2157699.jpg

My daily modern rides are a Seven Axiom and Specialized Tricross for commuting, light touring and off-road (what a bike the Tricross is - a genuine jack-of-all-trades!).

Nice bikes

I've got a Tricross too - How do you find the front brakes. I couldn't stop at road junctions with the first set that came with it. LBS has tinkered and expeimented with other types and we've just about solved it. I've ridden it through the winter saving my retro rides for summer.

cheers

John

Thanks guys - yes the Tricross brakes are a weakness - my LBS managed to stop the juddering, and they are OK once you get used to them. Otherwise the Tricross is a great bike - but not as pretty as a steel framed bike!

Its good to know someone else had the same problem with the Tricross. According to Specialized the brakes were fine. I'm beginning to enjoy the bike now - workhorses aren't meant to be pretty.

Wow! The Vitus is in fine company - and looks great without the Weigh stickers! I'm not sure the Vitus sticker on the top tube is original either, have you thought about removing that?

Whatever, just ace! :D

Makrie":2jjw89pi said:
Wow! The Vitus is in fine company - and looks great without the Weigh stickers! I'm not sure the Vitus sticker on the top tube is original either, have you thought about removing that?

Whatever, just ace! :D

Hi M - I thought that may be an original Vitus sticker so it stays for the time being. I've seen the same sticker pictured on other Vituses (Vitii, Vitae??)

psychlist":du5pry66 said:
Hi M - I thought that may be an original Vitus sticker so it stays for the time being. I've seen the same sticker pictured on other Vituses (Vitii, Vitae??)

Knowing that, I'd say keeping it is the way forward! :D

Back