Seatpost ID

longbeech

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Anyone ID this seatpost? no marks except TOP at insertion line, Length is 250mm, weight 240g on the kitchen scales. Dia is 25mm with a tapered flute on the rear.

Searched veloBase to no avail.

Cheers

Campagnolo did a C record one like that but it was stamped with the campy logo and was a little more aero. Could be a prototype of that Ive seen a few similar designs all with the logo and all in 27.7 whats the clamp diameter on yours?

Hmm the only frame I've ever seen with a 25mm seat tube is my Trimble Aero and the only seatpost is the American Classic one on there.

trimble_aero_4_128.jpg
[/url]

25mm is common on Alan & Vitus amongst others (my project bumblebee is 25mm). If you look at this picture:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:31uN ... itchey.jpg

The top post (no.25) looks very similar and was listed as

"(25) MICHE 26.8mm 160mm rails to limit mark Exc £9"

The original Photobucket pic has been removed I found this one by typing "Miche Aero seatpost" into Google.

I saw that pic through google images and it linked to a listing by Hilary Stone sometime last year. If it is a Miche that is nice, I will probably hang on to it until I find a frame to fit!
Cheers

It looks similar to the aero Campag seatpost on my Vitus. That too is 25mm but doesn't have the flat section at the back. I wonder if that flat section was designed for the rear screw adjuster as used on the Vitus - see pic -

P2157717.jpg

Could be - I picked up a wrecked Vitus frame a couple of years ago in the vain hope i might have been able to do something with it - shame but it was too far gone :( and I may have got the post from it.
The flat section certainly makes sense for that fixing.

Back