The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1991 Marin Eldridge

Hi folks,

Apologies for the bad form of joining just to ask one question.

I have a Marin Eldridge, bought new in 1991. The bike was only used a couple of times back in ’91 and is therefore still pretty much mint. The only thing that’s not original is the rear tyre.

I'm wondering if it's worth selling it, so I was in my local bike shop today and they recommended I ask you guys what you thought the value of this bike might be.

Hope you can help. Please let me know if you need any more info.

Many thanks in advance,
Niall

Attachments

• DSCN3463.JPG
    DSCN3463.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,108
A couple in equally mint condition are going for £100-150 on ebay at the moment. Guess yours would be high end of that. Good luck, lovely bike.

If it's as good as it looks then I think it could make £200 on ebay on a good day. Early Marin prices are high at the mo with tatty examples making £100+. ;)

For reference, my pal got a '91 Pine Mountain from this site that is in superb condition. He paid £150. :D

91 Eldridge

Hey, so what size is the frame?

Not to hijack the thread, but if she's 17.5" I could well be interested - afterall, the true price of the bike can only be determined by what someone is actively prepared to pay in a market transaction!

Hermit: you have some choice cuts there.

Tri-aligns: £100 or so
Ultimate Levers: £40+

94 sworks steel: £250-400 depending how mint it is.

94 stumpy FSR: £80 if dented and shock is a duff. If shock is good, condition not as bad as that then £120

96 A1: £100-200 if it's complete and good nick.

Spesh stuff

Hermit,
Jimjim is about right with the complete S Works, around the £400 depending on condition.
The FSR depends on the rest of the condition but I would think around the £100 mark.
The ground control I disagree with jimjim as these go really cheap as complete bikes let alone frames. Certainly the FSR is worth aconsiderably more. They were a stop gap model for 2 years and didnt handle the best when new. The markets up and down for these for some reason but ask Pickle as his went very cheaply and it was a good example.
If the S Works or FSR are 17 or smaller let me know when your selling so I can have a look.
Cheers
Jamie

Re: 91 Eldridge

BlackCat":1cq4ugqk said:
Hey, so what size is the frame?

Not to hijack the thread, but if she's 17.5" I could well be interested - afterall, the true price of the bike can only be determined by what someone is actively prepared to pay in a market transaction!

She's 19". As for condition, she really is that good. The guys in the bike shop could not believe it.

Thanks for the replies re SWorks steel and FSR's

I'm surprised at the value of the steel rigid SWorks, I'll try to get some photos done this week, and of the SWorks FSR - 19in BB to top of seat tube, 16in to top tube, no dents that I can think of just stone chips in the paint on downtube above BB, original shock works but not great but I got an Alp 5 from a cannondale on there at the mo that's about 5mm longer than stock.

Anyway, I'll put some photos up so maybe I can get a better idea?

Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back