1996 mountain cycle san andreas (project bumble bee)

saltyman":1wsbs90b said:
are these ok for spares and pads though?

tempted by these so have stuck an offer in :LOL:

yes , pads and spares are easy to find ;) a 4pots fine for the rear but i found it faded a little up front when really slamming the anchors on....... so i'd highly recomend a 6pot upfront if your dh-ing...

edit , maybe it's a combo of my heavy bike and my 19 stone that was causing the brake to not work :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

saltyman":b0s1h3on said:
reckon they are worth buying?

i can get them for under £180........

the 6pots ?

they won't make you more dashing to look at or any more awesome but by christ they'll stop you quicker than a really quick thing going really quick ! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

they must be the best brake i've used (i mean for stopping power , not a brake for the weight weenies tho ;) )

i missed out by a fiver :cry: offer was accepted at £175.

still the search goes on..........

theres plenty newly listed every other night ;) infact there was a set for buy it now £120 last week that i hummed and hawwed about , 5 mins later they were gone :roll:

went and ordered new brakes today........203mm front and rear avid elixir r they are in a charcoal grey colour and look nice decided not to go with over kill.

also ordered a new 9 speed chain. and im bidding on a fox rear shock.

just waiting on all my parts to come now then it just be a case of inner/outer gear cables and it will be ready to rock!

Latest posts

Back