ROAD SHOES

theCiSCOkid

Dirt Disciple
Anybody know of a road shoe for look delta cleats that is walkable?

Lake cornered the market but have discontinued CX125 and CX120.

Have to pick my son up from school everyday and don't fancy doing the duck walk!

There is a major gap in the market for somebody here I think.

Get an old delta cleat shoe and rip off all the 'shoey' bit leaving just the hard sole.

Get some cheap shoes that are one size too big for you (converse-esque lace-up fabric boots work well). Rip out their inner sole.

Put the hard sole from the cleated shoe into the new shoe, with a hole cut for the cleats. When you've got it to fit properly, glue it in place with contact adhesive.

This is what the trendy fixie types do so they can look cool and still have foot retention. I've done it and it works fine, not as rigid as proper cycling shoes but much better than clips and straps.

I recall a club mate using sidi mtb shoes with look deltas. He fitted a special shoeplate which was available - looked like a T more than a delta, but the points of contact were the same as look delta. Dont know if theyre still made.

I have a pair of Look leisure boots that have fittings for look deltas. Sole is soft, so no good for distance work and theyre white so look a bit Borat, but would work for the school run. Put up a wanted ad to see if theres any out there.

I also have some instep adaptors, which i reckon you could make yourself. its like a delta shoeplate with a toe clip and strap bolted on. So you can ride trainers (Ive even used them with wellies in the snow) with toeclips. Simply disengage when you want to revert to racing shoes. Again try a wanted ad.

Back