My Cannondale M500...a poll

What do you think about "the red"?

• Too much red, like Liverpool playing in a poppy field, in hell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too many reds, one shade here, another shade there, what have you done?

• Spot on, I love it

• More red, where are the red skewers, hubs, seatpost clamp, bars, cranks, chainrings, flite...

• Other...see my comment below, you geek

• Total voters

MikeC

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I am having loads of fun with this...but have I gone too far?

The original build thread is here - http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... light=m500 - but I have decided to get it going again with this poll for a little bit of fun...general comments about the bike are also welcome

The pictures aren't the best as they are taken indoors on a phone, but the redness comes from the forks, seatpost, stem, DX pedals, Vs and levers, spacers, grips and tyres :D

So, I know what I think but what do you think about "the red"?

;)

DSC00452.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

ignore jerky!

i cant believe how good that looks now. however, when i had it (for about 3 hours!) i never liked the red fork and planned to paint it black. WITH the red fork i think it looks good with what you have. i still dont like the red fork though! (sorry!)

god i hate to criticize someone else's bike

on the whole i think it looks good though, way better than when you received it

overall i think you have a nice machine there just needs some tweeking

personally i'm not a fan of mixing red painted components and red ano components and i feel that the red areas have too much red in one place then none in another, for example, red fork,brake,stem etc then nothing around the rear mech area.

but then feel free to ignore me as i tend to go for a monochrome colour scheme on most of my bikes so what do i know!

:)

Must admit I didn't expect unanimous dislike for her...she must look better in the flesh, or something :?

Still, you're not going to steer me off my mission. I will be sniffing round every affordable red bit to grace the pages of this brilliant website with great interest.

Keep an eye on those decals too

Back