National Retrobike Event: Trough of Bowland, 27/02/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we may have a good turnout :D Just got a ton of retrobike stickers from John, so i'll share the wealth to those who attend!

sinnett177":5j45h0r0 said:
Looks like we may have a good turnout :D Just got a ton of retrobike stickers from John, so i'll share the wealth to those who attend!

A ton? The postage on that must've been expensive.

looking forward to this one, will be on my new (old) pace so will give it a shake down.

my mate is coming too, more likely on a modern steed :roll: he buys me beer and food though so cant complain too much :LOL:

Easy_Rider":qkbgimz2 said:
Was planning to bring mrs ER but she is a bit apprehensive about this red run. How technical is it? She will be on a retro-ish full susser and she copes with Llandegla blue run easily.

Took my good lady around the bottom loop (oo-er that sounds roight dodgy :?) in the cold and piddling rain this afternoon, her on my Ibis, me on the modern tosh and heaven forbid, she actually enjoyed it! So I might bring her along, although I think I'll be asking for my bike back... Which means I'll have to build her one in the meantime! :roll: :LOL:

Umm, I had a point...

Oh yeah - track's really good swoopy fun! And the figure of eight means there's a plenty of distance options for the inexperienced/partners/offspring/racing whippets to do more or less. Top loop was very messy last week (and I spent twoandabit hours lost in the frickin' freezing fog and pitch dark), but mostly slogable and still fun, and the rollercoaster was still awesome (dude) :cool: but no problems at all on the bottom loop for anyone reasonably competent (eg Llandegla blue).

Should be a blast, I'm 99% (there's always a chance I've totally forgotten something), and I guess t'other half's 50/50, depending on how sore she is tomorrow! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Did think about going today myself, but in the end the weather made up my mind for me.

Hopefully a few of us will be doing another recce on Friday, if anyone is free and wishing to join in please feel free to do so.

sinnett177":3hpovy5h said:
Did think about going today myself, but in the end the weather made up my mind for me.

Hopefully a few of us will be doing another recce on Friday, if anyone is free and wishing to join in please feel free to do so.

See what work has in store, but if I'm free it'd be great to put some names to faces :cool:

Weather was lovely... :x

elPedro666":19jg8aat said:
sinnett177":19jg8aat said:

See what work has in store, but if I'm free it'd be great to put some names to faces :cool:

Weather was lovely... :x
Hope you can make it Friday. I'm really looking forward to hitting Gisburn once more :D

elPedro666":3adf4gue said:
Easy_Rider":3adf4gue said:
Was planning to bring mrs ER but she is a bit apprehensive about this red run. How technical is it? She will be on a retro-ish full susser and she copes with Llandegla blue run easily.

Took my good lady around the bottom loop (oo-er that sounds roight dodgy :?) in the cold and piddling rain this afternoon, her on my Ibis, me on the modern tosh and heaven forbid, she actually enjoyed it! So I might bring her along, although I think I'll be asking for my bike back... Which means I'll have to build her one in the meantime! :roll: :LOL:

Umm, I had a point...

Oh yeah - track's really good swoopy fun! And the figure of eight means there's a plenty of distance options for the inexperienced/partners/offspring/racing whippets to do more or less. Top loop was very messy last week (and I spent twoandabit hours lost in the frickin' freezing fog and pitch dark), but mostly slogable and still fun, and the rollercoaster was still awesome (dude) :cool: but no problems at all on the bottom loop for anyone reasonably competent (eg Llandegla blue).

Should be a blast, I'm 99% (there's always a chance I've totally forgotten something), and I guess t'other half's 50/50, depending on how sore she is tomorrow! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for that info :D

I did take Mrs E_R to Llandegla again last weekend to try out the red run, but there was a race on :roll: they said we can still use it, but she was a little apprehensive that she might hold people up, so we ended up going round the blue again. I did convince her to stay off the brakes on the steeper bits and let the bike roll, which she enjoyed :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back