1992 Klein Rascal...DOWNHILL??

ylwgto

Retro Guru
Hi all,

her is a link to some pics of one of my bikes that has had me baffled for some time now. it loks to be a '92 Rascal that was professionally modified with the Mountain Cycle Suspenders/Pro Stop fork and brakes kit back in the day. Beautiful job on the instal. Rest of the parts are titanium and other boutique stuff.
the bike appears to be barely ridden as well.
my question is if this was a purpose built racer that has been shelved for years or a just a kushy build from the period.
either way it is really really nice and has some parts that I have never dealt with on it, specifically the front AND rear Pro Stops...wild stuff for 1992.
I'm pondering selling it as it is too small for me, but would like some opinions first on its rarity before I pull the trigger.
Thanks,
Ryan

http://s898.photobucket.com/albums/ac18 ... 108381.pbw

That is very cool! I like it a lot! I've always loved pro stops and suspenders, never seen them on anything this side of a mountain cycles San andreas though! :cool:

yeah. i've only seen prostops on downhill rigs and then only on the front at that. the full floating rotors are pretty trippy. i'm glad they work because i'd have no idea how to adjust them.
the front hub is a special bullseye that allows the rotor kit to thread on. the rear has some very professional frame mods to route the cable and mount the caliper. never seen it on another bike.
do you know of any shops that were doing this bacj in the day or is this custom fab work?
thanks.

:twisted: :twisted: My favourite colour combination for sure. Very nice indeed, and the forks are loooovely :cool:

P1120459.jpg

Back