East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

Yes I could lead the Gotham route as a night ride, I recall it took 3 hours so best to chop the Nottingham city centre bit off.
The Plank and Leggitt pub in Sawley has parking, is on the route, and is close to M1/A50, it's off-road along the Trent to Clifton bridge(A52) back out along the Trent to Barton, climb to Gotham woods, hairy descent then over to West Leake, and a road ride along quiet lanes for the last 4-5 miles.
I've always fancied linking this ride up to the Ticknall trails using the old railway trail from Breedon to make a 'Hell of the East Midlands' type 100km day out!
Give me some notice and we can do the Gotham route.

Charnwood definitely next Tuesday, and John can't make tomorrow.
Proposed route attached:[/img]
The car park is about 415.5 metres along the main street (from the Bulls Head end) and is helpfully marked on the LHS with a reflective “Recycling Bank” sign. Ready to ride at 7.00pm.

So see you at Ticknall tomorrow at 7.00.
I'll start looking at a link across the M42 corridor. The Hell of the East Midlands.....sounds promising.

Attachments

• Charnwood Ride .jpg
    Charnwood Ride .jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 650
Last night was just under two hours, and muddy. It started muddy, got muddy in the middle, and when given a choice as to the final section Ed, Phil and John opted for mud. So the bike is sulking in the cellar, with a flat rear tyre, waiting to be hosed off.

:D Well worth the effort.

Hi all just finished a fettle of Rocky she has just been put to bed with a nice coat of GT 85 and 2lb lighter after removing all the mud after Rob's swamp ride... I enjoyed it though

MyRocky011.jpg

Quadras.jpg

STXRCVbrakes.jpg

NewrearmechXT.jpg

Andstillgoingstrong.jpg
[/img]

Latest posts

Back