East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

yeah sure there is - about 5 metres of it :D even some woodland at the end. locals don't like you to go over the flowers though.

I have a parking space....

Oh No just been told thats not mine.... :oops:

You guys are so lucky, and thankyou for letting a hobo on to your land..

I've got that Singletrack magazine too, I used to ride the Ticknall/Calke/ Reservoirs bridleways about 15 years ago when my brother lived in Ashby, I'm in Notttingham and regularly rode out from Clifton to Gotham and East Leake too, spent a lot of this winter riding in the dark along the Trent and Beeston canal.

I did a nice loop on my Cross bike last year, would be happy to guide you around it, mainly good surfaces, it's just the Clifton-Barton bit that gets gloopy, and with a bit of road work we could divert round that.
http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Nottingham-West-Leake-Nottingham
Parking is available at Attenborough nature reserve, good cafe.
Fancy it?

Would love to join your evening rides but this Tuesday I am on the Beeston CC chaingang. :?

Hey Ed,

What time do you meet up for your evening rides midweek?
Are these from Tiknell?
Do you ever ride any further south?

May be able to make it up for one or two of these, looks like about a 45min trip, so bit of a way though.

@Gump - we usually meet at 7pm, though if you're going to be a bit late we can wait if you know what sort of time you will get here. Usually we ride from Ticknall - mainly because there are so many different bridleways that we don't have to do the same route twice ever! And there's a good pub in the village afterwards :D Sometimes we ride Sherwood Pines, too. Looking to head out to Charnwood soon (maybe tomorrow). Would be great if you could join us :D If it's 45 mins for you then it's about the same as from here to Cannock :D

@Velocitizen - yes that sounds great - we should take you up on your offer sometime :D

@chaps in general - did we agree we would do Charnwood this week (Tuesday), meeting at Woodhouse Eaves? Can you remind me where we were going to meet (perhaps an X marks the spot on googlemaps?).

Ohh, the eerie crags of Charnwood. I would have liked to do that one. :cry:

@Gump, Ticknall is also 45mins from Nottingham but definately worth the travelling for the company and the endless permetations ;)

@Velo, could you lead that as a night ride?

@Ed I like your new @ sign thing, very down with the kids ;)

Charnwood is set for the 23rd (cos it clashes with Steve Peat). Tomorrow is Ticknall.

Mat you can use the Cinder Cone or Fire Mountain on the 14th March if needed.

Gotham ride sounds good.

Latest posts

Back