Nottingham Cycle Jumble

edstart

Devout Dirtbag
Hi All,

Having visited the Bristol cycle jumble this weekend I would like to organise a Nottingham cycle jumble.

I am looking to see who may be interested as I don't want to look like a t**t organising a venue etc and finding I'm the only one there.

Please use this thread to discuss whether you may be interested.

Ed

Heanor Clarion organised one in Long Eaton this time last year, but I can't see a 2010 one on their site.
There is usually one at Radcliffe-on-Trent, organised by Stuart Collins (google for phone contact details)
it's been in April and September in previous years.
I think both are quite 'Road' orientated.
The bikejumble website appears to be down at prersent.
Have a go, pick a date that doesn't clash with any local bike events, find a cheap/free venue and let all the local clubs know, not a lot to lose.

Or do the Bristol thing and find a freindly shop to set up outside, If you could get permission to use Sherwood pines I'm sure a lot of people would go there buy/sell and ride. Good luck.

orange71":1nlbh4py said:
I might be up for this :D

Combine a bike jumble with an East Midlands meet and it's a win-win.
Encourage people to bring a few bits in the car, always saves on the postage.
The May 'Three tribes' would be a good one.

i remember the early bristol ones. they were frequently pretty poor. it takes time and persistence to get these things off the ground

Of the three and a half years worth I only remember 2 or 3 being really poor. I think CCE might be speaking from a purely Retrobike perspective as some months we get loads of roadie stuff or downhill or modern. Sometimes loads of sellers and few buyers have turned up or vice versa.
Good tricks include selling the gear of bike shop workers who have to work Saturdays so you're guaranteed a good stall ( builds good karma with the local bikeshops too! ) and buying wallpaper pasting tables ( about a fiver from cheapo shops like Wilkinsons ) for stalls.

Back