KONA HEI HEI WITH SPECIAL X LITE TI FORKS

Woody":1p4v07q1 said:
Thats a quality looking bike , i nearly bought a Raleigh that came with those forks back in the day ! They look really special to me :D , never found out what the ride is like with the forks though, is it any good?? ;)

Ignoring my back issue, the bike rides very well. I am sure you know the virtues of a ti frame and the forks add to this mantra, ie very positive and accurate while taking the edge off small bumps and vibrations.

Ally":24qfjkbk said:
Super looking bike with that fork set-up.

I mind your origional thread: could you experiment with finding the ideal position for you and get a builder to make a new stem set-up in titamium? Ibis type thing might look good and would match the frame.

Terrific looking bike though. Thanks for posting.

Any pics of the others you have?

Thanks for the kind words, i do like it as well! Pics of the 2 x Pace bikes to follow in due course (one of which will be up for sale at somepoint - maybe with the XTR you see on the Kona here)

Stem wise, yes I am currently talking to some guys on here about getting some new stems CNC'ed. It is an expensive solution but would allow me to retain the unique look the current set up has. I am also considering what you suggest as this may be easier to do. Does anyone know a reputable Ti welder?!?! Enigma Bikes?

I'm not normally a fan of Kona's, but for me, that has something about it that I just love.

Verrrry Nice :cool:

GT-Steve":1gowhg7a said:
I'm not normally a fan of Kona's, but for me, that has something about it that I just love.

Verrrry Nice :cool:

Thanks Steve. Off topic, but I am loving your new Almega DX, this was my first proper MTB back in the day. Was nice to see your pics in the other thread, amazing condition! Make sure you look after it... and first dibs if you decide to sell on!!!

Cheers,

TBH, I thought I was in a bit of a minority with the A-stars loving, but in the short space of time I've been here, I've been surprised just how many admirer's (and prev owners) have come out the woodwork, especially seeing as they weren't widely available, BITD.

Anyways, back to your fantastic Hei Hei. . . . . . . .
Loving the forks, a lot, uber cool IMO.
Steve

I love it!!!!

evelynt174_2.jpg

peace,
Kev.

Funny fork :cool:
How does it work when you ride the bike ? Very stiff and precise, very confortable ? :D

Was saying on page 1, its very precise and direct but it kind of takes the edge off bumps as the ti soaks it up - similar to ti frames really. It makes for a unique but very fast ride - great on climbs! Not so great on manic, rock strewn downhills!!!

Back