Orange C16R...Finished and ridden photos -- page 7

Really Sithlord, if you won't tell us whether your slot faces rear, let alone show us a proper picture of your frame including your slot, how can we be expected to accurately advise you?

:LOL: :LOL: The slot is rearward facing fella.. ;)

Pic of frame :

PICT0839.jpg

the seatpost that came out of it was 26.4 and that was the original orange post. iirc that without shim size is something like 29.4 at a guess, never used it without the shim.

that's weird coz i thought or maybe assumed it was 27.2 so i went into the garage to check after seeing your post (no pun intended!) i checked the actual post itself,26.4 engraved on it. it fitted with the same shim you have and the same collar, it is a steel post though as opposed to aluminium, wonder if that makes any difference.

Sithlord":3ps6pli2 said:
:LOL: :LOL: The slot is rearward facing fella.. ;)
Well I'm slightly surprised that you have no A at the beginning of your serial, but then you people whose slots face rear, hmmm, I don't know, but they do say you're a rum bunch at times, oooo.:shock:

507002401 means that the frame was built in July 1995, which pretty much for sure means that it was built for the 1996 model year.

The Orange website says that if your slot faces rear, that's consistent with earlier rather than later in the glorious history of the C16R and that your post was originally a 30.0. Whereas if your slot faced front your post would originally have been a 27.2 shimmed to 29.6.

So, although you haven't admitted it yet, I suspect that you have a shim in your tube. Nothing to be ashamed of mind. :shock:

But it won't be an original shim (we know all about the concept of original shim, don't we? No, don't go there) and as it won't be original, we don't know what size it is. And the size of post you need is a consequence of that which we don't know. So that's cleared that up then, good. Next!

just so you know, i originally got this whole bike in original spec appart from the saddle a couple of years ago, so the shim and the seatclamp are the original ones that came on the bike and the post was defo 26.4 coz i just checked it about 1/2 an hour ago, i'm using that in my p7 build with the shim that came with that frame and it tightens up no problem.

jonnyboy666":3vnpp6l0 said:
just so you know, i originally got this whole bike in original spec appart from the saddle a couple of years ago, so the shim and the seatclamp are the original ones that came on the bike and the post was defo 26.4 coz i just checked it about 1/2 an hour ago, i'm using that in my p7 build with the shim that came with that frame and it tightens up no problem.
Oh, have I got to be serious? It does say the tube is a 30.0 and what they actually say is that they don't sell the right size of post any more, from which I inferred that it must have been a 30.0. But clearly it must have meant that it was a 26.4 shimmed to 30.0 and they were just saying they don't sell a 26.4 post any more. In which case if Sithlord does have original shim after all, 26.4 should be the answer.

BITD orange used the distinctive cro-mo seatpin, 26.4 diameter. My rear facing P7 has a 30.0 tube, the shim therefore being 26.4 to 30.0. The slightly newer P7 has a 29.6 tube, shimmed to 26.4...

They slip, so on both I have ditched the original orange shims and fitted new shims and long 27.2 seatposts :cool:

I reckon Si's C16 will have a 30.0 post shimmed to 26.4... I had to take the shim and everything out and grease/open it up to get the 26.4 post back in, orange cut 2 solts on their shims, so they kinda close up over time...

There, make any sense????

Anthony":2lfby5bj said:
jonnyboy666":2lfby5bj said:
Oh, have I got to be serious? It does say the tube is a 30.0 and what they actually say is that they don't sell the right size of post any more, from which I inferred that it must have been a 30.0. But clearly it must have meant that it was a 26.4 shimmed to 30.0 and they were just saying they don't sell a 26.4 post any more. In which case if Sithlord does have original shim after all, 26.4 should be the answer.

i wasn't being serious just informative ;) :D

Back