1996 mountain cycle san andreas (project bumble bee)

eye to eye its 152mm.

looking at a direct replacment that can be adjusted at the moment.

some are using 190mm eye to eye, but that may be a tad too much.

oh, and the bottom bracket is already 15'' tall :LOL: its like getting onto a horse :shock:

Get a straw bail to use as a mount... fronts looks great :D i was thinking shiver single crown, but seeing this....

it's coming togeather really well ;) if i'm honest i'd say that 8 inch discs are just as good at stopping you as 9 inch fellas , but the 9 inch ones look the dogs nuts :cool: :LOL:

thats me looking to get a sanandreas to replace my dh8...... it's got to be the 9 inch rear travel frame tho............

IMG_1707.jpg

just gona swap everything over :D :D :D

cheers folks.

ordered my new wheels last night, and sorted a stem out!

black mavic rims
black hope pro 2 hubs (20m front)
black spokes

:cool:

enid_puceflange":39j3ithl said:
andrewl":39j3ithl said:
You may find you have a little too much fork on there.

How'd you mean? :?

You thinking that 8" travel on front & 4" at the rear is a bit............... wrong? :?

G

Yes in my opinion an 8" travel fork on this 1999 frame is just a bit too long even if you run a lot of sag. The BB height is going to be pretty high which will make the bike handle pretty badly.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The 6 pots DO look the mutts nuts.

If you've that much to spend though, put a wanted ad on SDH and you'll get a very good set. They like to change kit a lot (it seems to me anyhow).

I've seen a full set of 6 pot Ti's going on there for £140 before now. Pretty gutted tbh. I pm'd the seller but they'd sold within 10 minutes. I pm'd him at 11 mins :LOL:

Back