N.O.S. 1" Threaded Headset (XT or better)

gs'er

Dirt Disciple
I'm after a new 1" MTB threaded headset. Does anyone have one lurking or has anyone seen one sitting the cabinet of your local bike shop?
Thanks in advance :)

gs'er":3ldvdcb7 said:
I'm after a new 1" MTB threaded headset. Does anyone have one lurking or has anyone seen one sitting the cabinet of your local bike shop?
Thanks in advance :)

Hello,

I have some new Speed-Tec Headsets.
It's very good quality, made in germany from 1994 to 1999
With industrial bearings. NEW! Regular price was 220 DM (=110 EUR)
You can get it for 45 EUR + shipping from Germany 14 EUR.
Also in blue and red available.

Enclosed you find a picture. If you have any further questions just let me know!
speed-tec-silber-1std.jpg

OK Mountainbike-Kult.de thank you for your reply. I will consider it for few days and see what else appears. The Speed-Tec certainly looks interesting with the bolted lockring.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks Retrobikeguy and Fat Mike!

Initially I thought I had missed a bargain as the only other one I could see from this seller was $50 plus shipping, however doing a search revealed he also had another two for $19.99 plus shipping.

That should keep my bike running for a few more years!

I don't know why but I seem to have worn out an XT headset that was new last year, however I do ride a lot.

Is the reason mountain bikes changed from 1" headsets to 1 1/8" headsets because of durability?

they are a bargain, you would be a fool to let one pass at that price wouldn't ya.

glad to be of help

They are indeed! Only reason I was holding off was the thought of finding an m900 but haven't as yet so this is a great alternative. Cheers again dude!

This site is so cool....

About 5 weeks ago I went to a local bike shop to ask where I could get a 1" headset and quill stem. The guy said "Beamish". (If you're from the North East you'd understand).

Delighted to say he was wrong, 'cos in the short time I've been here I've got both!!!!!! :D

Back