Trimble Aero 1

Does this make trimble mountain bikes cooler or less cool?

• Cooler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less cool

• Does not effect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stauqmuk

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I bought this off a friend a few months back, I saw the frame hanging in his basement practically untouched and about to turn 20 (see pictures). I soon bought it but lost interest in building it when I missed having it done for its big birthday. Now that I'm done with my STS remodeling I moved on to this and actually banged it out in a matter of days. It looks fantastic, Ive ridden it once for less than a mile because a large snow storm moved into the northeast and the city got around 8 inches dumped on us. Hardly the storm of the century they all promised but enough to keep my road bikes indoors.

Anyway its a Trimble Aero 1 built on August 25th, 1989 and I'd be surprised if it has seen more that 50 miles of road.

theres a mishmash of parts and changes will be made soon (namely the bars maybe the cranks) but right now its:

HED. disc superlight rear wheel
Specialized Tri-Spoke front wheel
Chris King 1" NoThreadset
Shimano Ultegra Octalink cranks w/ dura-ace rings
Shimano 105 derailleurs front and back
Campagnolo bar end friction shifters
Exage Motion brake levers
Shimano 105 brake calipers
American Classic 25.0mm seatpost
Serfas kevlar ARC saddle

more pics to come as parts are swapped out.

Attachments

• trimble aero 1.JPG
    trimble aero 1.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 2,351
  • trimble aero 2.JPG
    trimble aero 2.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 2,351
  • trimble aero 3.JPG
    trimble aero 3.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 2,350
  • trimble aero 4.JPG
    trimble aero 4.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 2,350
Oh I forgot the close up of the glove box. I love that my new bike has a GLOVE BOX! :D

Attachments

• trimble detail.JPG
    trimble detail.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 2,343
Wow watch out for crosswinds when you're out on this thing! Best thing to do might be always to ride in the direction the wind is coming from, this bike cuts straight through headwinds!
Very cool bike, only thing that bothers me about it is the stem.. It just looks out of place imo. A nice quill stem would be ace!

Well I totally forgot I had a thread on this one but I certainly still love it. On the crosswinds its actually not bad at all, sure you can feel it push or pull but the bike creates a significant amount of down force which practically glues this beast to the tarmac the faster you go. I've swapped the bars and wheels a few times but I think I found the wining combination of HED superlight disc and Jet90 front. I have to re-convert the rear axle to track to road, run gear cables again and swap out the silver double bottle cage holder for a black one that just arrived.

Attachments

• Trimble jet90.jpg
    Trimble jet90.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,751
Not a fan of road bikes BUT i'd make an exception for this one :LOL: Looks good in black

tintin40":2t1qr7ym said:
I haven't seen any body else with a Trimble in the street. So no i haven't walked up to any one :LOL:

I ride this one plenty, you must be riding in the wrong hemisphere. :LOL:

stauqmuk":2is94vqp said:
tintin40":2is94vqp said:
I haven't seen any body else with a Trimble in the street. So no i haven't walked up to any one :LOL:

I ride this one plenty, you must be riding in the wrong hemisphere. :LOL:

:( tell me about :roll: :LOL:

Back