And today I did......

Picked up assorted loot destined for the West Coast from jimijim today, then took the Hardrock down to Glentress. Apart from Dunkeld, haven't SS'd since last year. Urgghhh, legs feeling it now.

Did one loop of red, stopped for munchies at the hub, then back up to the Buzzard car park and then came down the blue... Spooky Wood climb and Spooky Woods itself still up to its erse in slushy snow. Some walking, a fall or two and some sideways action - made a change I suppose (well apart from the falls, par for the course there). And today I learned - IRC Piranha Pro not such a good snow tyre...

gt201002.jpg

removed stuck seatpost

Today while around work I did removed a stuck seatpost from my 95 Stumpjumper. I got the frame over a year ago with this stuck seatpost. I took it to work ages ago and whenever I get a chance or remember its there I get out the hacksaw and spend a few minutes, half an hour trying to cut down the length. originally tried it the usual way in the vice, with the seatpost clamped and twisting the frame but it just sheared off like cheese. Anyway my friend who has a engineering workshop, had a play with it and tried to loosen it thought it was seized solid and might be a lost cause, said call round to his and have a try with his cutter. I forget its name but its basically a hacksaw running on compressed air. straight through within about 5 mins and that was without anyforce and he got me to do it as he said it will be easy, if not held square or given a bit to much angle to go through the seattube as well. So my responsibility.
Well pleased as otherwise it would have been the end of its life as it was well corroded/ welded in.
Saved me a lot of work with the hacksaw.
Jamie

I did pretty much the same yesterday. Removed a stuck seatpost and reamed oot the tube with an adjustable reamer from work. Gratifying when things go right for a change.

Whacked a few bits on the Clockwork frame :) , got that repainting it grey nonsense out my head, will stay orange/white, will get new 91 spec stickers fron Gill, just scored a black Stalk stem (the one in Sithlords C16 thread :LOL: ), kit will be mostly black LX with XT gears.

clock1-1.jpg

clock2.jpg

This simple build is in contrast to my last Clockwork which was ok but a bit of a mishmash of bits bought on impulse, never suited the Syncros stem, the Switchblade forks or the red tyres, fitted me like a glove though which is why i wanted another.

redtyres.jpg

Looks cool jimi, if ever a bike needed White tyres it is that one ( get some overtime in and get them porcs), will look the business with the stalk to :cool:

And a White saddle to really pimp up that bad boy!

Looks amazing zz didn't realise there is still that much snow kicking about, sounds like a top day out, very jealous.

I went to the bike station yesterday and even given I found no retro gems, got to say I love the place, we need summitlike it in the west, did see a nice offroad frame but let the urge slide.

Well,

I had to replace the float valve in the crapper today :LOL: (romantic huh)
Apparently 15 mins between flushes isn't acceptable :roll:

So I went for a bimble on the Bike along the canal path to the furthest B&Q I could find, The Hookworm tires make a MASSIVE difference to the ride.
Its still a slouch, but way quicker than it ever was on massive knobblies :cool:

Gc

Just back from a 4 hour off/on road ride with the stumpy, I need less girly tires ok on dry dirt, could do with a longer stem and I trashed the last bit of outer cable at the rear mech (Jagwire) :x

Rob ;)

P.S. Load me with bananas and unleash the beast :twisted:

Back