Pennine ladies mixte - rare ? what should i do with it

zedman

Devout Dirtbag
I retrieved this (And a Dave Moulton tourer) from an old gents shed yesterday. It is reynolds 531, has some nice lugwork and some quality parts, (Stronglight, campag hubs) also some junk. Can anyone provide any info as to what I have and suggestions on what I should do with it ? It will be up for sale at some point but whether to keep it as a whole or split it up.

Attachments

• DSC00088 - Copy.JPG
    DSC00088 - Copy.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 498
  • DSC00089 - Copy.JPG
    DSC00089 - Copy.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 498
  • DSC00090 - Copy.JPG
    DSC00090 - Copy.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 498
  • DSC00092 - Copy.JPG
    DSC00092 - Copy.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 498
now thats pretty funky - the mixte frame can be worth a hellova lot fleabay (£100+)...

if you do decide to split, I would be interested in the parts for my Gentleman's Conveyance .

Yeah devo split, the frame is lovely! (damn my uninterested wife! (not really I love her to bits))

I'd even remove or replace the headset for something more in character with the frame (old Campag, tange or similar).

Where you sell is up to you but as LGF said over £100 should be easily achievable...

Whatever you do DON'T spray over the hand painting on the seat cluster. This is entirely original and was done by the owners wife, each one is sort of unique and prized.

If you do decide to pass it on let me know as I'm sure I could find a potential new owner in this area.

Have a look at the Pennine section in Classic Lightweights website -

http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/Wh ... ebeck.html

Back