lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I recently bought this from Gadro to fill the full suspension and semi modern void created from the sales of my rts and airborne. i had heard good things about the fsr but wanted to avoid the pressed aluminium ones as i dont like the way they look.

anyway, saw this little beautie on here and snapped her up.

jsbxg2.jpg

when it arrived i was really pleased with the condition although i felt i needes to swap some of the parts. the seatpost had beed chopped down to avoid hitting the shock so i searched ebay for a replacement. ended up with a bargainous ibeam set up which was great as i didnt get on with the specialized saddle.

next for the chop was the forks. they are in great condition and work really well but i have a bomber fetish at the moment so when i saw these white z2's for sale i snapped them up.

the chainset was bugginf me from the start. i really like the specialized arms and they are forged so are good quality but the rings look horrible (in my opinion anyway). looked into replacing the rings bu t by that time my rts had been returned to me (cracked frame) and that had the coda chainset on. swapped it over and i think the difference it makes is fantastic.

so that is it. i wont change anything now unless something breaks.

hand on heart this is the best performing full suspension i have ever ridden

2i9ruxe.jpg

4tkoko.jpg

cheers guys. for the price i paid i really wasnt expectting it to be anywhere nearly as good. the shock leaks a bit but i can live with that.

i never thought i'd say it but it has converted me to full sus. i am on the look out for another for my dad. he's getting a bit old for his 93 khs with flat bars and loooong stem. his belly is getting in the way

A company called BETD used to make a upgrade linkage for that frame giving a bit more travel and more adjustability (spring rate, BB height). Would be worth looking out for one, and a modern shock might be a nice upgrade too.

If you ever fancy going to disk brakes there was a special adapter for thee frames made by Spesh.

I like the white/blue combo. Works really well :cool:

cool.

not too concerned about swapping bits out on this. its too new to be precious!

Back