1998 Bontrager Privateer S - * FINISHED PHOTOS Page 2 *

i've been having the same thoughts about the stem, i only put it on because i wanted to get a feel for how it looks with a silver stem and its the only silver one i have...

thanks for the comments guys!

do you not think a thomson would look a little chnky too?

i have a really nice slim bontrager stem ut its black and im not sure how much faff it'll be to strip and polish...but i would love to use that.

Not really. I have Thomson on my 97 Kona Cindercone and the diameter is about the same as the frame tubing.

Saying that silver Bontrager kit would suit the bike very well though IMO.

well finally got some time to do a bit more, UN52 dropped in last week. then earlier in the week received some Shimano cranks, and a NOS Race Face XY from the states in 27.0.....

That stem had been bugging me so I dug out the Bontrager one and 2 evenings of sanding and polishing later it transformed from a dull satin black stem into a gleaming shiny beauty!

bit more polishing to bring the cranks up a bit nicer and the the scary bit...attacking a NOS raceface XY with the sandpaper to remove the black anodizing...worked out quite well I think!

Have a nice Silver Hope Ti-glide rear wheel coming during the week so will be on the look out for a front to match.

Anywa, enough waffling, here are the updated pics (not taken in kitchen this time so no chance of pastry mishaps!)

Matt

Attachments

• P1020845.JPG
    P1020845.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 2,538
  • combo.jpg
    combo.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 2,538
Top work :cool: the polished stuff really makes the frame stand out but subtly :cool:

Ohhhhh thats lovely! the colour is beautiful and looks a treat on the Bonty. But I am a little biased as i have recently bought a Singular Swift in a similar colourway.

great looking bike. would choose a more conservative seatpost (although the RF post is a great design in its own right)

R

Back