What is the top speed

Fastest known offroad for me was on a Stumpy M2, 42mph at Thrunton woods. Was basically hanging on and couldn't see properly :shock:

I managed 50ish once going down Honister Pass in the Lakes - very scary as there was a bend with water on it near the bottom that nearly claimed me!!

Fastest I´ve done so far off road is 79.4km/h which is about 49mph using 44/11 and spinning until I just couldn´t rev up any more. I´m still aiming for 80km/h, hopefully soon. ;)

i've had 82.3km/h on my klein with a 42/11 coming down the hill from oldham with a tailwind, scared me to death, handlebars flapping everywhere. probably not as scary as 42mph in the woods though, i'm a bit of a pootler when i get off road. how would you keep an eye out for dog turds at that speed? :shock: :LOL:

I got 51.5mph once on my 88 Trekker just before a side wind blew my friend and I into the trees and off the track and i totalled his 93 cinder cone. Trekker was fine. Cinders did not go to the ball after that.

:shock:

I got 51.5mph once on my 88 Trekker just before a side wind blew my friend and I into the trees and off the track and i totalled his 93 cinder cone

That's got to be the fastest bike crash I'd heard of... well survived

That was always fun, when the full suspensions arrived. Trying to keep ahead of them on fully rigid bikes downhill. Going faster than you'd like to, all because of pride :LOL:

Got pulled over by the fuzz in Blagdon Village (by the Lamb & Flag for those that know) for doing 52.4 mph on my road bike in a 30. :oops:

Nice road down hill, hands tucked in by the stem TdF style. :cool:

Back