Spooky Metal Head

Dude,
That thing is a ******* abortion! I love it.

We are making a few steel frames in the next couple of weeks that are basically geared or SS BMX race cruisers designed for riding as fast as you can in the woods with flat pedals... That would be pretty rad for your commute, ya know...

We are making a few steel frames in the next couple of weeks that are basically geared or SS BMX race cruisers

That sounds interesting ; low headtube and tall bars ? or tonic fab style ?

The nearest thing I can seem to find is the Firemans Texas cruzer and that's got a massive rear end on it .

AtomicAtom":v91p7h6v said:
I'll sell you mine, let's say $1700? :twisted: :D :LOL:

haha actually i lied i didnt even sell it i swapped it for an s&m dirtbike next gen! :shock:

perry":3r9bhz30 said:
That sounds interesting ; low headtube and tall bars ? or tonic fab style ?

The nearest thing I can seem to find is the Firemans Texas cruzer and that's got a massive rear end on it .

Neither really. 4", fork ~40mm bars, slacker seat angle, slacker head angle, higher bb, shorter stays and shorter toptube than what you get on a "trail" hardtail.
We figure that geometry makes a lot of sense for all the people who are riding xc on flat pedals these days (a trend I had NO idea that existed until the last couple of months...), and mostly for shredding the hell out of man-made tracks and flowy-downward pointed tracks in general, without loosing the ability to pedal it successfully up a "normal" climb.

All those traits are going to make for a very fun bike for shortish-urban commutes. A slacker seat angle+ higher bb give you a pedaling position that works better with flat pedals and the lower seat heights...
Bomber 25-26 pound builds with a chainguide up front an 9 speeds or so in the back is the idea as far as how I'd like to see them built, but I suppose there needs to be some sort of singlespeed options available for people who like to ruin a perfectly good bike.
I don't think I've designed one in Atom's size yet though. Harrumph, nudge, poke.

That's my current problem with the Metal Head Mickey, it just isn't really the right size. Rather I need to have a longer seat tube. This aluminum seatpost maxed out is for the birds. It's kind of like really f'ing scary rear suspension though. :shock: I wouldn't be opposed to you making me some kind of crazy singlespeed weirdo bike Mickey. :D

I'm really liking that..
Had a good browse through all your other Spooky's in your sig also. It's a nice collection of metal you got there and all very different. Cool! :)

Back