And today I did......

therealkw15":btzn40x2 said:
Is it Mr Williams doing the coating? If so, do you mind saying what price is he charging so I have a bargaining chip when I phone him on Monday!
£75, but that includes blasting the GT frame back to bare ally as well. Not exactly cheap, but then the metallic powdercoat isn't one of the basic jobs I suppose. He's really busy at the moment too - couldn't mind talking to me on the phone last week either :( Thought I just had that affect on the ladieeez...

zigzag":1tfkgq5w said:
£75, but that includes blasting the GT frame back to bare ally as well. Not exactly cheap, but then the metallic powdercoat isn't one of the basic jobs I suppose. He's really busy at the moment too - couldn't mind talking to me on the phone last week either :( Thought I just had that affect on the ladieeez...

Yoiks! When I spoke to him it was £40-50, and I thought the blasting was included. Then again my colour specification was 'blue, nearest colour you have as standard'. I can see it being the red oxide primer followed by a tedious and unsatisfactory rattlecan job yet...

therealkw15":3vb3ldmo said:
zigzag":3vb3ldmo said:

Yoiks! When I spoke to him it was £40-50, and I thought the blasting was included. Then again my colour specification was 'blue, nearest colour you have as standard'. I can see it being the red oxide primer followed by a tedious and unsatisfactory rattlecan job yet...

That sounds about right... £50 for the Stumpy powdercoat, £25 to strip the GT?

zigzag":1wdf8vaz said:
That sounds about right... £50 for the Stumpy powdercoat, £25 to strip the GT?

Ah right, you're getting the Stumpy stripped and coated and the GT stripped for £75. I'm more optimistic now!

My dilemma once I get it coated is whether to get the decals/stickers back on it and broadcast it's retro-ness or to maintain it as a minimalist blue. In classic Piscean fashion I have a firm opinion about either at different times of the day.

Your on Retrobike and thus you should broadcast its retroness, so bung on the stickers. Otherwise some folks will think its just a cheapo catalogue bike that the rotten transfers have peeled off of :roll:

Mind you as i do not restore my bikes, going for the scruffy but original look, my opinion is hardly valid :LOL:

This afternoon I called in to see the machinists to check the progress on the very very special hubs I've designed. Still too heavy but I think we're moving in the right direction.

Bike hubs or car hubs, never sure what your working on Si ?

Based on your expensive tastes I cant help feeling your rust proofing business must involve coating stuff in gold. Can mere mortals afford your prices :shock: :LOL:

Bike hubs Velo. And if they work I'm going to do a small pre- production run to hand out to test their reliabilty.

Today I somehow managed to volunteer to do the weekly bike sales audit ( scurries off to find out what audit actually means :LOL: )

Spent a lot of time twiddling my thumbs as I've already done everything that needs doing . Even tidied the warehouse :?

I did the first of my five wheels yesterday , fooked the lacing twice and using 3 different coloured nipples is hard work , probably shouldn't have had that smoke just before hand :LOL: came out perfectly straight and I haven't put it near a stand yet .

Back