And today I did......

clockworkgazz":1w1r0zhd said:
the tyres are period panaracer 2.02 and the canti's are amazing, just like discs really (not)

You don't need working brakes on a bike you'll never ride :)

I got out last night for the first weekly Thursday run of the year :) only 16miles last night instead of the usual 18-20 and it took about half an our longer than our normal sedate pace :shock: It was very cold too but the stars were amazing.

Today I picked up the Cotic frame from the powdercoaters and started building it up. Just waiting for new wheels to arrive and its done. Looks sweet!

got the final parts through for the road bike today :) - Unfortunately I need to wait until my birthday in march to actually receive the presents and fit them :(

The Ken":11k305s5 said:
I must have missed something Si, are you repainting your custard cotic or is this a new one?

It is/was the custard one. i never really liked the colour hence why its been close to being sold a few times. All is well now, its much nicer to behold.

Gazz - Is the Fat in for BOTM? I think MacRetro may have a genuine contender!

In other news dropped the Stumpy and my modern GT Av frame off at powdercoaters. He couldn't do a pearlescent black, so the Stumpy is getting a metallic black that looks kind of anthracite when the light catches it (apparently). It'll do the trick I suppose, was never going to get the same 'dark plum' effect of the original paint anyway.

zigzag":dajeqgf6 said:
Gazz - Is the Fat in for BOTM? I think MacRetro may have a genuine contender!

In other news dropped the Stumpy and my modern GT Av frame off at powdercoaters. He couldn't do a pearlescent black, so the Stumpy is getting a metallic black that looks kind of anthracite when the light catches it (apparently). It'll do the trick I suppose, was never going to get the same 'dark plum' effect of the original paint anyway.

Is it Mr Williams doing the coating? If so, do you mind saying what price is he charging so I have a bargaining chip when I phone him on Monday!

sounds good ZZ get the bike looking great so I can buy it back off you- one of my fav. frames ever- such a sweet ride.

Not putting it in this month, the few bikes that are already in just look to strong, might hold my water untill I can get some exciting pictures and the field is weaker (is this ever going to happen? :roll: )

Back