posh26":3p6u0b3b said:
Indeed, very hard choice! :(

@JS1500:

And please push the USE seatpost bushing/adapter in ;) :D
Also like it without the decals!

Cheers

:LOL:
I will.
The trouble is that the seattubes on Vit T2s vary a little - meaning that the correct size shim (as fitted) is a bit big.
I will be filing it down soon!
;)

Used to ride a USE seatpost as well and had the same probs. I tried a slightly smaller shim back then and that worked out quite nicely...but I guess you already saw this page

http://www.use1.com/products/seat_post_shims/shim_generic.php

Cheers

posh26":1zfna8up said:
JS1500":1zfna8up said:
posh26":1zfna8up said:
Indeed, very hard choice! :(

@JS1500:

And please push the USE seatpost bushing/adapter in ;) :D
Also like it without the decals!

Cheers

:LOL:
I will.
The trouble is that the seattubes on Vit T2s vary a little - meaning that the correct size shim (as fitted) is a bit big.
I will be filing it down soon!
;)

Used to ride a USE seatpost as well and had the same probs. I tried a slightly smaller shim back then and that worked out quite nicely...but I guess you already saw this page

http://www.use1.com/products/seat_post_shims/shim_generic.php

Cheers

Yeah cheers. I've got a few different sizes which i've not tried yet but I think they'll be too small - worth a shot though!

Cheers to whoever voted for the Vit! :D
Everyone else: Hold off voting until my decals are on :!:
;)

The Arc gets my solid vote !!!! That is the just the absolute mutts nutts !!! In those colours it just wants to get dirty ....... ;)

It's a toughy this month, I love the Ritchey - stunning in everyway, rare, classy in a 'pimp daddy, floppy hat, caddie driving, bee-atch slappin' way but it doesn't win for me as there wasn't the same level of effort in getting it back from the brink as say Amey's Fat or Jez' Trimble. I just love the bikes where the owner has rebuilt a retro classic from a heap and injected their own personality. Nothing against you Jeff, I would walk over broken glass to touch the shadow of that Ritchey but I'm having to vote elsewhere.

So for the build, effort and full documented story of the bike (and just because the purple nipples on Amey's Fat don't match the rest of the bike - it's all in the detail for me you see) it has to be Jez's Trimble

Put a lot of thought into my decision this month. Delboys Klein is a sweet looking bike. Jezza's Trimble? - nice work fella ;) The ARC is a real beauty but put together by guys with infinite resource of cool parts. But for effort in restoring a classic to its former beauty (even with purple nipples) and I've voted Ameybrooks Fat!

Going to have to be the vit for me this month, there are a lot of nice bikes, the gold on the fat looks lovely, that yeti is fantastic but voted yeti last month lol, both the kleins are really nice although I do prefer the one with the spox, oh an I love the colour of the Ballisitc. Vote does have to for the vit though its gorgeous and would love to own it.

ape":2mekg2qw said:
Going to have to be the vit for me this month, there are a lot of nice bikes, the gold on the fat looks lovely, that yeti is fantastic but voted yeti last month lol, both the kleins are really nice although I do prefer the one with the spox, oh an I love the colour of the Ballisitc. Vote does have to for the vit though its gorgeous and would love to own it.

Thank you sir.

I should've probably mentioned a wee bit about why/how I built up this particular bike.

Basically, it's the bike I always wanted circa 1995 - 1997.
Did anyone else write fantasy bike spec sheets as a teen?
If I found mine it would be almost exactly what you see here.
I built it to be ridden (it's my new regular-ride) so some of the parts aren't all shiney and NOS, but some are :cool:
The Vit was rubbed down with Scotch-Brite pads to give a nice 'brushed' finish.
Being a patriot i've used mainly British parts (Hope, USE, Pace, X-Lite...) but i've always had a thing for Answer bars and Syncros stems.

Decent pics to follow sometime soon...

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back