use, sell or keep?

• use

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sell

• keep

• Total voters
Hed's muhhahahah. Why the hell did you Brits like those so much? You couldn't pick up an issue of Dirt without seeing Rumbelow on those things for a few years....

mickey@spooky":r41fe4ge said:
Bikes are rad, but all these components companies need to step it up, F1 style, if they want to beat our R+D team!

Well, why don´t you and your R&D Team beat them by building BETTER geared hubs and frames, instead of modifying what they developed in the first place?

Just curious...

Tommi74":964qnf5j said:
mickey@spooky":964qnf5j said:
Bikes are rad, but all these components companies need to step it up, F1 style, if they want to beat our R+D team!

Well, why don´t you and your R&D Team beat them by building BETTER geared hubs and frames, instead of modifying what they developed in the first place?

Just curious...

For one thing, stuff like this is a pretty non time-intensive hobby. Hell, it takes more time to file a fillet-brazed frame! Working and implementing stuff with existing technology is an easy way to streamline and refine our own development projects.
There probably isn't any decent application for a Gconn compatible gearbox, buy as bike geeks, it's fun to play with. We've got a 6 speed planateray system that a few of the kids designed when they were in school, but there is really no desire around here to implement it. A dérailleur in a box system on the other hand, has lots of cool applications.

Have you seen our gearbox frame proto?

IMG_6581.jpg

It already has electronic shifting using tech inspired from the Airlines project.
IMG_6582.jpg

It was raced succesfully over there in a few NPS races last season.

mickey@spooky":3cqjyrno said:
It was raced succesfully over there in a few NPS races last season.

Va-va-voooooommmm:

As if by magic, our wee Nick's set up:

G1forDW1.jpg

G1G-BoxxDW2.jpg

Absolutely amazing frame.... just ploughs through anything.

I like where this thread went! To the OP: Use that stuff! Put it on something amazing.

Mickey: I feel like people talk a lot of Sh*t about gear boxes and crazy set ups like that. I'm glad someone out there has big enough balls to run technology and bicycling directly down their throats.

Back